Chapter 2

"This... this can't be happening," Sakura ran her fingers through her waist long pink hair. Before, she had loved the feeling, but now she loathed it.

"Sakura, are you trying to be late on your first day as a genin?" her mother yelled from down the kitchen. The pinkette's heart sunk down into her chest. The first day?

Steadying her breath, Sakura reached over on her dresser and grabbed a kunai, slicing her long hair until it was shoulder length again and smiled. It had significance, even though it was a little too early for it to matter. But it's the thought that counts, right?

"How do you like it?" a silky voice purrs. The pinkette snaps her head around to spot where the sound came from. Behind her, sitting on her bed was none other than Ai. Instead of the sparkly garments she had on before, her clothes now consisted of a forest green tank top with a cream colored jacket over it, zipped up slightly. With it, she had baggy tan cargo capris and the traditional blue sandals.

"This isn't normal! What have you done?" Sakura said, her voice coming out calmer than she had expected.

"I granted your wish. You should be happy. Now you can capture Sasuke's heart," Ai smiled.

"We should really get going now," a new voice interrupted them. Sakura glanced at her window to see Sora hanging upside down from her roof. He had on grey shorts with a long sleeve fishnet shirt and a black t-shirt over it.

"Sakura!" the pinkette could hear her mother's footsteps coming across the padded carpet of the small hallway in their apartment. Ushering Ai to her window, Sakura climbed out and the two of them jumped out onto the dirt path with Sora seconds behind.

Not wanting to get caught, Sakura grabbed their hands and ran down the street hearing her mother's yelling get faint. Stopping to rest, they stood in front of the academy.

"For a girl who's supposed to be weak, you can surely run fast," Ai put her hands on her hips.

"I didn't spend every living moment studying," Sakura glared her. No sooner had she said that, her eyes widened. "The chunin exams! I need to train! And I can't swoon over Sasuke!"

Sora looked at the girl and tilted her head, slightly confused. Never had he seen someone stress over something so much.

"Calm down Sakura," Ai sighed. "Sora, can you help her?"

The white haired male nodded and looked at Sakura briefly before forming hand signs. Monkey, dog, tiger...

"Hand signs? This is a jutsu?" Sakura blinked. As soon as the goddess heard those words, she laughed.

"No. We're posing as ninja silly. So we need to learn how to do these things. Sora's just practicing."

"Done," Sora put his hands back down. "Everything you are except your body has been altered to when you're sixteen."

"Thank y-

"Forehead Girl!" an annoying, to the pinkette's distress, voice called as a platinum blond charged at her from a long distance.

"Shut up, Ino-pig," Sakura snapped around, her inner taking over. The two girls rushed into the academy, leaving the two deities to follow at a much slower pace.

You've just read Chapter 2 of "It's For The Best" by BlurredLove
Thank you so so much for reading. The comments are very much appreciated! Sorry this chapter is short. I'll try to write longer next time. Remember, don't fight the love~ ♥ Chapter 3 shall be coming out soon!

♡ Amor In Wattyland