Chapter 2

-Timeskip | Little Angels Hospital: Room 308, America-

"(First Name)-chan, (First Name)-chan! Quick, quick! It's starting!" Hana exclaimed in a hurry as she set her bed up so it would be much more comfortable to sit on. (First Name) smiled at the little girl's enthusiasm and she just replied with a small 'Yes~ Yes~' before turning on the television with the remote control and the flat screen television attached on the wall in front of the bed turned on. They finally could watch a live show of the interview of STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT where they will discuss the competition. They both sat down on the bed but then Hana made herself comfortable on (First Name)'s lap who just giggled at her cute act before the host presented the two Japan idols' group.

"Now let us not dilly-dally anymore and let's head straight to what we're all here for! The 'competition', which you guys had announced a few hours ago. What is this 'competition' actually is?" the host asked once all the guys has sat down on the soft sofas that they had set on the stage. Ai was the first one to answer since he probably knows the most information about the competition anyway.

"The 'competition' that we announced a few hours back involves undiscovered composers out there who are willing to compose songs for any of us. The composer can choose which idol or idols that will sing his/her song and choose their parts. It can be only a solo song, a duet, a trio, a quartet or more. There will be multiple parts in the 'competition' so there will be multiple winners." they cyanet explained and most of the people 'Oh'ed at what he just said. Some people were excited for the competition; some saying that they will win for sure; some are saying that they will join and will hopefully win; and some are just excited to hear that new songs will be sung by their favorite idols.

"Well, that would be an exciting competition! These undiscovered composers will pass their own original compositions, yes. How will you decide the winner?"

"Well, the different parts of the competition will require different themes. Like a song that will make someone happy and something along those lines. If we, STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT, feels that the song fits the theme, we will choose that song." Otoya explained first and then Reiji followed, "If there's multiple songs that we chose, we'll base it next on the idols and parts that they've assigned. All idols have their own strengths and weaknesses; such as being able to hit high notes or not. If the composer cannot express the strong points of the idols, the song wouldn't be too great." once that was done, it was Masato's turn to speak, "If multiple songs passes that one, we'll base it next on which song holds the strongest feeling and what song feels 'right' to sing."

"'Which song holds the strongest feelings and what song feels 'right' to sing?"

"There are some songs which is great, yes. But it seems to lack something which a person always unconsciously looks for, and that is the 'heart'." Tokiya explained, remembering that that is what exactly what he had experienced when he was in Saotome Academy. (Last Name) smiled at what he just said and nodded in agreement. 'One's heart will always seek for another.' she thought before continuing to listen to the interview.

"A 'heart', huh? So that means that a song that is only halfheartedly made or just made to 'win' the competition doesn't really stand a chance?"