9

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one because if you really loved the first one you wouldn't have fallen for the second."
-Johnny Depp
_________________________________

*Days Later*

I took a deep breath before knocking.

Wayne answered the door.

"Hi, Wayne. Is Mr Way home?"

"Indeed. Do come in."

"Thank you." I followed him into the house and up the stairs to his study.

"Sir," Wayne knocked on the door.

"Come in." Gerard yelled through the door

Wayne opened the door then pushed me through it, closing it when I was in.

I stood there, staring at Gerard who sat at his desk staring at me. He put his pen down, leaning back in his chair while he crossed his arms.

I was quiet. I should be on my knees, begging for his forgiveness but I wasn't. I was frozen. I could only look at him and he made it worse by staring back at me.

I finally looked away from his gaze and finally started doing what I came here to do in the first place.

"G-Gerard, I'm sorry about the other day. I shouldn't've pushed you away. I feel so terrible and so guilty that I did. I don't want you to go. I just wanted some time to think. I was so stressed about what I wanted that I lost my mind the other day. I - I hit Bob, I yelled at Wallace. But worst of all, I lost you." He got up and slowly walked over to me as I spoke, "Please? I don't want to lose you again. I need you around even if Jay doesn't like it. You always kept me sane and safe." He stood in front of me, so close that I backed into the door, letting out a gasp. "Please, Gerard?" I whispered, "Please make me remember how we used to be six years ago."

He leaned closer to me, pressing his lips on to mine hungrily. He tangled his hand in my hair as the other kept a safe grip on my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. After a bit, we pulled away.

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

"Yes. Yes, I'm sure."

"You're cheating on Jay, I hope you know."

"What he doesn't know can't hurt him. We'll be in way too deep before he finds out."

He pulled me into a hug.

"Let me be your baby again? Please?"

"Of course, darling."

***

It was dark out.

We had the place dim so no one would think there was a party. Clearly there was but it was a party for two.

Just Gerard and I.

We had a bottle of wine to ourselves as we glided around the ballroom floor to his humming. It brought back memories; so many of them too.