Porosity

There are three levels to porosity there is low porosity, medium porosity and high porosity. Porosity is basically how well your hair can absorb moisture. low porosity hair can't absorb moisture that much. Low porosity hair is basically a closed shut cuticle.when you apply product to low porosity hair the product sits on top of the cuticle because it has no opening. Low porosity hair can't absorb moisture unless there's some type of heat to lock it in. Medium porosity hair is opened but it isn't opened so much. When product is on medium porosity hair it basically takes up as much as the cuticle can but there's still going to be product left on top of the hair cuticle. High porosity hair absorbs everything that you put on it. The reason why I say that is because high porosity hair cuticle is so open that whatever you put on it it absorbs in to the cuticle. High porosity hair usually loves thick and creamy products because thick and creamy products usually have a longer time to absorb into the hair cuticle than thin and slippery products.
A good way to find out what type of hair porosity you have is to get a cup and fill it up with water and comb out your hair or you can finger detangle and whatever hair fall out put it inside of the cup and if it falls to the bottom of the cup you have high porosity hair. If your hair is floating on top of the cup you have low porosity hair and if your is in the middle of the cup you have medium porosity hair. It does not matter what type of water you use but make sure to use warm water.