Chapter 37

**Shane's POV**

After my little chat with Charlene I felt better about the situation, I mean I don't really think she will completely back off, but at least Emily might be a bit safer. I realize Charlene's word might not be the most trust worthy, but hopefully coming from me she will actually back off.

I went home and checked on Emily, I hate myself for letting things get to this point.  

"hey Em how ya feeling?" I said sitting next to her on her bed

"good, my hand still hurts but that's expected." she said smiling slightly

"im so sorry, you have been through so much because of me-"

"Stop. just stop Shane. This, none of this, is your fault, you couldn't have predicted that she would turn into such a psychopath-"

"no you don't understand Emily, I started dating her because she was hot and looked easy, but then  I felt bad about using her like that so I had to figure out a way to end things, but then to much time passed and it became harder and harder to end things. So you see it was my fault because if i hadn't been such a douche bag she would never have entered our lives." I drooped my head down in shame

Emily looked at me with a puzzled expression

"I never thought you would think that way..." her words stabbed me in the chest, nothing is more painful then letting your family down and seeing the disappointment in their faces. 

"Shane, though i don't think your actions were well thought out, to say the least, you are still my brother and nothing you could do would ever change that. I love you no matter what, and what you did in the past is not my concern." she smiled and gave me a hug. this is why i love her so much.

"hey am i interupting something?" Danny said walking in with his eyes glued to his phone, not actually caring if he was interrupting or not

"No, what are you looking at?" Emily asked walking over to the couch that he plopped down on.

"this really cute girl just 'slid into my dm's' " he said laughing and extending a hand to me so I could slap it. I did and we both laughed

"ugh boys, why must you be so immature?"  Emily said laughing at us "whats her name?" 

"Rosanne Baxter, she lives a couple towns over but she's friends with our cousin Hailey, and she saw a picture of me on Hailey's page, thought i was cute, and DMed me."

"damn daniel-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there." Emily said pointing at me firmly and annoyed

I laughed and proceeded with what i was saying

"How long have you guys been talking?" 

"since last night, guys she is so nice and funny, really easy to get along with... I really want to meet her." 

"wow now Danny you guys just started talking don't you think that's rushing it a bit?" Said Emily 

"... yeah, but we get along so well... I want to meet her, should i ask to meet?"

"No, listen bro i love you and want you to get a girlfriend and all, but you might scare her away if you ask to meet up not even 24 hours since you found out she existed. On this situation i side with Emily"

"okay, but what if she asks to meet, then what?" 

"then go for it!" i said

"NO! play hard to get make her want you, if you just give in the first time she asks she won't see you as a challenge and might get bored of you. If she asks I say, tell her you have plans with your siblings, maybe another time. she will think you are devoted to your family, a good brother, and that there is still a chance that you guys can meet up." She said proud of her response.

"ooh i like her idea better, but what if she is playing hard to get?" Danny said excitedly

"just hope she's not cause then you'll never meet."  I said in my helpful ways as always.

*BEEP BEEP* 

Emily reached for her phone and smiled, I could already tell who it was.

"Hey do you guys mind if Kyle comes over?"

"No, but only for an 2 hours" Danny said

"three?" she asked hopefully

"four, thats it no a minute more." I said... It was the least I could do. After all she was really understanding about everything.

"I love you!" she said and ran off, I take it Kyle was already parked outside because not even five minutes before we said yes, there was a knock on the door.

**Emily's POV**

I opened the door for Kyle and gave him a hug we ran up to my room, but not before Caleb could yell

"Leave the door open" 

"so how has your day been?" He asked looking at me with his beautiful eyes

"hectic, but getting better"

"hows the hand?" He asked looking at my bandaged hand

"hurts like hell but ya know it'll get better" I said smiling. 

despite what I know so far about him, I can't help but feel happy and safe around him. I need to know for sure if my suspicions of him are correct before i get involved in anything with him.

"So Kyle I've been meaning to ask you something if you don't mind" I said sheepishly looking around the room.

"Fire away" he said. I glared at him "too soon?" we laughed at his attempt to lighten the mood.

"okay so... whats your family like? I know you said you don't really agree with some of what they do but-"

"My family is complicated, we haven't always seen eye to eye thats true, It's why i went to live with my grandmother, but i'd really not rather get into the whole story of my family right now. I just want to be here, with you, in this moment." 

he pulled me onto his lap on the bed and kissed me. 

As much as i am enjoying this moment with him, my suspicions arise again. what isn't he telling me? why is he so secretive about his family? what happened between them that he had to leave?

I'll have to do some more research.

"one last question, where did you live before you went to live with your grandmother?" 

=============================================================================

Im so sorry for being the worst person on planet earth and not uploading in forever, but here you go a new chapter. sorry it took so long. hope y'all enjoy!!!!!