I Need You - Poems

If you like poems/prose writing, I like you. So, yeah. There. Have a read :)

_________________

'I need you, maybe more than I ever have, but now, this moment especially. I need you to love me the way my broken pieces need glue, is it selfish to say my remedy has always been you? I've been subscribed a hug so tight the cracks will slot back together, but you're often gone at the drop of a shoe, or after a breakdown or two. I am livid and drowning, cant you see? Why do you ask me to change my ways, like I'm a nickel that can flip with the flick of your thumb? I'm not a currency you can trade for something better. This isn't a choice. Being sad, being alone and isolated isn't a choice I'm making. I'm here in spite of the shrapnel like memories stuck circulating through my thick skull.

I'm here 'cause I need to be, 'cause I know these emotional tears in my personality will one day no longer be my tragedy. That the whips of His words will fade, that the imprinted ink of his fingerprints will wash out with every day I can embrace my overcast of blues. But that doesn't mean I want to do this alone, I'm learning I wont make it without you. So please pull your blind eye back to me, all my eccentricities and chemical imbalances, and hold me like a slot a key. Twist the knob to sneak behind my walls, cure the aversions you see and bad taste in quality tea. Just come sit, chat and be. Broken bones can't mend without the guidance of a doctor, I promise to do the heavy healing, but please, just listen to me. Can't you see? I need you, maybe more than I ever have, but now, this moment especially.'

_________________

'Silence this pain. Bury my vain. I do not wish to remain.

I've lived a thousands lives and hope this is the last.

You don't get it. You never have.

I need you to need me too. Maybe this will show you.

Painful, isn't it? The extraordinary simplicity of being.'

_________________

'Two in a room. One loves, one lies. And I see my falsehoods dripping down my forearms, leaking from beneath my scaly nails. The colour that I artfully splattered on your unscathed canvas, now bequeathed, malformed from the care free species you once were; now a creature that lurks under mossy bridges, straying from sunlight and all it offers. Littered around you are my unfinished projects, my abandoned promises I swore would be the last of my half-baited tales of truth. I swore they would intertwine us tightly together, never to go a day apart, but, in the end I left, you stayed; now you leave with my heart on your sleeve.

All it took was a three week bender. Three weeks to not recognize the stranger stood at the door, to not recognize how I fit into these mismatched boots. Half the old me, half the new, somewhere swam back to the middle in search of you.

My knuckles blister a raw rouge from knocking on the door that is your disinterested attention. I can't blame you, why would I? It is my name branded to the bolt and chains you depend on for day and night, home or not. New visitors do not pass without your resentful search, cautiously seeking traces that trademark me in the eyes of those you may aspire to see.

You do give I that last mighty sigh, heaving it open for a last time. One second theres silence, then theres dust spitting from your lips, falling from the words only meant for me. A glimmer of what we used to be dies between the how dare you's and the fuck were you thinking's.

You yell you've cut me out from concrete to ceiling, to leave, theres no use in my being.

As much as my diseased fingers want to tear, scratch and yank at the bricks built around your blue heart, I give a final nod and give good wills with my final depart.

I'll go home dreaming, tossing and turning, what could have left you so bitter? My drinking, my drugs, nothing my denial remembers. The last thing I'll admit against my pile of fucked up shit, is that I'll save the left for me, right for you, one day hopefully back together as two.'

_________________

Thanks for reading :) Hope everyones well!