Chapter 13

Amara's POV
After a week the heat is finally over. It was much easier with Kai for some reason. I move Kai's arm and sneak out of bed, he's been up almost all week only getting an hour of sleep a day practically. I feel horrible to tell you the truth. I jog downstairs and see some pancakes, so I grab a plate and get about 12 of them.
"Well look who's back", Kat said and ran to me and hugged me like a boa constrictor squeezes its prey.
"Calm", I laugh
Kai then jogs down the stairs
"Amara, I need you", he said in a serious tone
I follow him out in the sticky air and into this building that we keep rogues in. Inside was a little girl about 8 years old. She had Cole black hair and bright, dark blue eyes.
"We just found her along the border and dirty and cold", he says
I grab the keys from his hands and open the door. I unhook her from the chains around he feet and I picked her up and we went to the house with Kai trailing behind us.
I take her in the hall basement downstairs and help her shower, she stayed quiet the whole time. I gave her one of Kai's t-shirts and it covered her like a dress. I had her brush her teeth and I combed her hair. We headed up the stairs and to the kitchen. She sat on a bar stool.
"What do you want for breakfast", I asked
"Pancakes", she whispered
"You like pancakes", I asked
She nodded, looking down
"Me too", I gasped and a smile started to dance on her lips.
"What's your name sweetheart", I ask
"Charlotte", she muttered
"I love it", I said and put pancakes in front of her, which she gobbled up in almost an instant.
She pushed her plate away and started to yawn
"You want to take a nap", I asked
She nodded
"Follow me"
We headed upstairs and I opened a vacant room and she climbed in bed. I shut the blinds to which the room got dark.
"Goodnight Char"
"Night", she smiled and went under the covers.
I went back to my room and found Kai watching something.
"How is she", he asked
"Good I guess"
"I'm sorry I kept you up all week", I say
"No problem", he smirked and I went under the covers and feel asleep.
$$$$$
Hey guys, *awkward laugh*
school got me wiped and I finally can catch up, sorta. I'm back for now and I'll hope to soon update tomorrow.
Thank you for all the comments and votes....it made me smile to see everybody put "update plzzzz" on the last chapter.
I know this is kinda short but I woke up at 615 and I was tired but I'm extremely tired now.
Thanks again
~Olivia