Saving Lives Part

(Back to Aspen's POV) 

                      'Earnestness means willingness to live with enerfy, though energy bring pain.'                  -William James

Did...

Did he just...

Was I just... 

Did the door just... 

Close on me?

I fan myself with my hand trying to cool down the heat radiating off me. What just happened? 

"I guess that's the last time I be nice and check-in" I mumbled to myself. 

"Ah Dr.Knight , just the person I was looking for," Dr.Ichisada said, approaching me with a smile, "we need to get a dressing and prepare for the operation." I nodded letting him take the lead...m soon this will be done with and I'll be finished. 

I washed my hands off as best as I could then let one of the nurses put the new gloves on me, I entered the surgical room with a loud sigh and threw my head back in attempt to crack my neck. This operation was going to take a while and it had to go nothing but well, or else it's not going to be beneficial for me or this hospital. 

Robin was on the operation table with eyes that looked like they were already dying without even starting yet. 

"Hey Robin, think about a good memory when you were 100% happy, " I wispered in his ear, he looked at me with eyes that said 'What the fuck, are you crazy woman?', "Trust me, just do it." 

He closed his eyes, hopefully doing as I was saying, "Okay, listen Robin,  anesthetics are going to kick in soon, you have to go to sleep with the good memory you chose," he opened his eyes slowly nodding, I could tell the drugs were already kicking in and so I finished it off with saying, "Don't worry Robin, this whole thing will be over soon, I'll see you in a couple of hours, " and with that, his lids closed slowly instigating he was falling asleep. 

"Okay let's start," Dr.Ichisada instructed. 

The surgery was very tense and everything was slow and steady, which to be honest, got a bit too tedious for some of us.  Everything was perfectly executed, minus a bit of excess bleeding but it wasn't anything serious.  4 hours and 32 minutes later, everybody in the operating room let out the breath they were holding for so long. It was done, and it was successful, all that needs to happen now is for him to wake up. 

I ripped of my gloves as soon as I was dismissed and changed into my regular attire I had on before , stretching out my arms with a loud yawn. I was supposed to inform the family and friends the result of the surgery but gave myself a couple of minutes refreshing and making myself look presentable again before doing so. 

I didn't take much longer knowing the anticipation of the people waiting outisde was heavy. The automatic sliding door opened to show everybody looking exhausted and eyes willed with worry. When they saw me, they came scurrying to find any bit of confirmation in me. I gave them a toothy smile, "All of you can relax, the surgery was a success and all we have to do now is wait for the patient to wake up. " 

"When do you think that will be?" a tall lady who resembled Robin quite a bit, but much more mature and grown asked. 

"It should be around three to four hours but may take longer depending on the patient himself," they had a fresh look of reassurence on their faces but still had a tiny glint of stress in their eyes. 

"Thank you very much Dr...." 

"Knight," I say holding out a hand for the woman to shake, which earned a muddled face and a firm hand shake, "Right, Dr.Knight, thank you for handling the operation with care." 

"You should give most of the credit to the head doctor, Ichisada, " I say blushing a bit due to the admiration she had in her eyes. 

"I have heard great things about you Doctor, it's only right for thanking you, coming all this way just for my brother," another man piped in. His appearance was solid and cold, much like his brothers but his just looked like a facade, while Robin's was probably real. 

"Thank you, you may stay here until he wakes up, but please, I insist you get some sleep, or food atleast. Until then," I nod my head heading towards the cafeteria to get myself another cup of thier coffee. I was stopped in my tracks when someone beckoned for me, "Uhm, excuse me, Aspen?" I looked up to see the voice belonged to a tall, chocolate brown coloured hair guy. 

"If you're free, would you like some coffee on the roof?" he asked with a lazy smile, gesturing two cups in his hands, with steam coming out of the tops. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title of next chapter: Answering the Unanswered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry I didn't update yesterday but it is up now, I hope you enjoyed it. This was a filler chapter but none the less was edited some what. As seen above, if I have an idea of what the next chapter will be, I will put the title of it. When this book is completed, it will go through a long process of editing. 

Got any questions? Ask here!

Luv you guys <3

-Suis-

*Photo of Robin's cold stare XD*