Ashton felt uneasy about chatting with Michael after his last encounter with the guy, where things evidently ended on a bitter note. Ashton knew that Charlie still kept in contact with the couple but from the tone in Charlie's voice, he didn't know they were still best friends.

He decided it was a safer alternative to just do what Charlie asked rather than arguing and making the rest of the car ride tense and possibly putting both their lives at risk if Charlie decided to text and drive because Ashton was stubborn.

"What's his contact name?" Ashton asked, seeing a lot of weird names in the messaging app.

"Oh, uh, it's Kylo Ren." Charlie replied, having to think about it a little because he was used to Michael texting him first.

Ashton raised an eyebrow at the name but didn't say anything about it. He tapped Kylo Ren and read the last few messages.

Mr. Lawyer Man: You're actually the worst.

Kylo Ren: You're such a baby.

Mr. Lawyer Man: No I'm not.

Kylo Ren: Actually, yeah you are.

Mr. Lawyer Man: Shut up

Mr. Lawyer Man: Go jump off a cliff(ord)

"Wow, it doesn't look like he's changed at all." Ashton stated absently, eventually getting around to texting Michael.

Mr. Lawyer Man: Charlie want to know what's going on, he'll be in town this week and wants to chill.

"I'd say he's got more of a temper than he had in high school, probably got it from dealing with a bunch of idiots on the job." Charlie shrugged.

"You said he's still with Calum?" Ashton asked, looking up in time to see Charlie smile.

"Yeah, I think Michael's gonna buy a ring soon."

"I'm glad, I can't imagine them being apart." Ashton replied as Charlie's phone buzzed.

Kylo Ren: Busy today. Free tomorrow (: glad you're coming home though

"They broke up at one point actually."

"Really?"

"Yeah, can't remember why but I do know that Michael begged for Calum to take him back. Thankfully he did, and they've been going strong ever since. Thank god." Charlie sighed, glad that his friends didn't slip long enough to fight over who got custody of him. He knew Calum would win it though, Charlie didn't know anyone else that loved him that much.

"Mike says he'll be free tomorrow." Ashton said, unsure if he should text back just yet.

"Tell him I'm busy tomorrow, ask if he's good for Tuesday." Charlie replied, turning into a McDonald's drive thru and slowing the car down.

Mr. Lawyer Man: Charlie says it's a no go but what about Tuesday?

Charlie asked if Ashton wanted anything briefly before ordering his own food, and then ordering a big Mac with fries for Ashton even though the man said he didn't want anything.

Kylo Ren: lmao I thought you were Charlie talking in third person until now

Kylo Ren: I'm busy Tuesday tho

Kylo Ren: wait is this Jessica?

"Oh my God. I fucking hate you." Ashton groaned, looking at Charlie's puzzled expression and showing the text messages in response. Charlie snorted at that and just shook his head.