3. Forever (Part 2)

Note: All the characters, names and situations are ficticious.

2014

The lobby boy opened the door for me and stepped inside the room. I gave a quick look to my surroundings but walked straight forward to the big balcony. I walked thru the window and the sun hit my skin, the fresh breeze had a fruity smell and the view was completely spectacular.

"Lady, anything else?" The cute boy asked.

"No Marlon, obrigado." I said and he smiled and left the room.

I start unpacking and organizing all the stuff I brought. We were planning to stay at least a month in Campo Bahía, since Brazil was the host for the 2014 World Cup, when I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Freya?" I heard my mom's voice. I opened the door and she hugged me.

"Baby, when did you arrived?" She asked holding my face between her hands.

"Mom!" I exclaimed since she was examining every part of my body to see if I was alright.

She was terrified of planes and she always thinks that if a family member takes a plane they would die but that's how she is, a tragic yet beautiful person.

"Mom I am fine." I said and she smiled.

"You look lovely." She said caressing my cheek and I nodded.

"Danke mama." I said and hugged her. "We're having a dinner party tonight, your dad wants to see you there." She said walking towards the door.

"Okay fine." I said following her but she stopped on the frame door.

"He's here." She whispered and my stomach hit me.

"Mom I know." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Well, I am just saying you know.... He's here." She said and moved her head aside and smirked.

"Stop! I'll see you later." I said and shut the door.

"He's here!" I heard her singing on the other side of the door and laughing. I shook my head and smiled.

***

I arrived the party and looked for my parents or siblings but couldn't stop them. A waiter pass near me and offered me wine. I grabbed a glass of wine and I my fears just confirmed, I saw Manuel on the distance, he was laughing and talking with Boateng and some of the boys.

"Thank you." I said to the waiter and drank the wine in a shot.

I started walking but I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and saw my dad. He was smiling.

"Baby." He said and hugged me.

"Papa!" I said and hugged him.

"I am glad you came." He said and I nodded.

I saw my two brothers and mom. We walked to our table and sat. The decoration of the room was beautiful, so colored and fresh, a lot of green and yellow, representing Brazil. I loved it!

We start talking about the flights, about my work and my brother's graduation that was coming next month.

"What's up with Neuer?" Aidan, one of my brothers asked me.

My parents looked at me immediately and I swallowed hard.

"Whoa, that was well-timed." I said shaking my head.

Edras, my other brother laughed with Aidan.

"Boys.." My dad scolded them.

I rolled my eyes and looked around the room to see if I spotted Manuel but I couldn't find him. I was nervous because we haven't talked since that day, 8 years ago.