Erwin's words rang in my ears. So basically we have to keep Hange's squad alive while not dying in the process. I sighed and a loud, clear yell interrupted my flashback.

  "GO!" Erwin bellowed and all squads formed a diamond shape behind their leader while making our way to the Titan Forest. Suddenly from the right branch, a red flare fired up.

"10 meter titan to your right!" A holler came as an ugly, bald 10 meter titan ran into view. I felt petrified for one moment, at the size of this monstrosity but realized that I had to fight it.

"Squad Leader! Orders?" I demanded.

"It's too close for comfort, Eld, Chance and Gunther engage in battle!" Levi commanded, since we were technically the closest to the raging titan.

"Eld! Gunther! Slice down its leg! I'll go for the nape while its down!" I say menacingly.

  "Roger that!" They grappled to the back of the titan and with one rapid, bloody slice they managed to slice the titan's knees so that it was forced on its stomach. Cmon you can do it Chance! I grapples onto the titan's head and quickly switched direction in mid air landing on its back. I then flew to the nape with as much momentum as possible, twisting to the right then slicing the nape off without getting any blood on me. Phew, that wasn't too hard. I thought as I settled back on my horse.

"Not bad for a Rookie... But you know how many kill-" Oluo bit his tongue again.

"Let's hope we don't meet any titans for the rest of the trip." Levi states.

"Good job by the way." He nods at me.

"Thanks!" I grinned.

  "But not every titan is going to be as easy as that one." He gives us all a grim reminder.

"CORPORAL! BLACK FLARE!" Petra yells, losing her cool.

  "Kuso. Oluo fire the flare, make sure Shitty Glasses squad sees it." Levi orders.

*Kuso- Dammit

"Right!" Oluo takes out his flare gun and shoots a black flare upwards towards the sky.

"Corporal! The right flank is engaging in combat! Shouldn't we help them?" I ask worriedly. The right flank consisted of Squad Leader Mike's squad.

"No need, it's an abnormal, look it's heading straight towards us." Levi pointed out.

  "We are downright unlucky." He snarled.

"I can take care of this one, Petra continue leading everyone to the forest." Levi orders.

  "Y-yes Corporal." Petra stutters, moving to the tip of out little "diamond formation" as Levi breaks out of it. We galloped rapidly so that soon we reached the edge of the luscious, dark green forest. I turned back slightly to see a steaming pile of titan remains and Levi galloping towards us.

  "Woah. That was fast." I commented quietly as Levi began leading our formation to catch up to Hange's squad. We encountered several titans but they were all regular and Squad Leader Mike's squad took care of them. Soon enough we reached a huge oak tree. The heart of the forest, where various titans have been spotted amongst.

  "That's weird, there's no-" I almost finished once I noticed a huge pair of blue eyes staring at me from behind the tree.

  "Ah!" I got spooked but quickly regained my composure.

"Abnormal." I state quietly but loud enough so I had Levi and Hange's attention.

"Ooh! An abnormal titan! Let's capture it for research!" Hange rubbed her hands together in glee.