xxv. HEIGHT DIFFERENCES

[REQUEST]

Your groans and frequent strings of curse words were easy to hear throughout your shared apartment with Bucky and your frustration did not ease as you heard soft chuckles behind you.

"What are you laughing at?" you mumbled, trying to grasp a box of cereal from the top shelf. Bucky was much taller than you which meant that he could reach the top shelf with ease. That led to him leaving everything he picked up at various places that were too high for you reach meaning a lot of stretching, jumping and swearing for you.

"I'm laughing at you and your small self." Bucky walks up behind you and rests him arms around your waist to stop you from struggling around on the kitchen counter. You sigh, defeated and nuzzle into his comforting grip.

"I can get it, you know."

"Oh really, can you reach it?" You groan at Bucky's patronising tone which only makes him laugh more before he extends his arm out and grabs the box of cereal you wanted whilst his other arm remains around your waist.

"There you go, baby. You just have to ask."

"How about you stop putting things so high up and I won't have to ask?" you retort and Bucky spins you around, pressing you against the counter. "But I love watching you struggle."

You raise an eyebrow at him questioningly as he brushes some hair behind your ear. "Little bit creepy, Bucky Bear, just a little bit."

"Ok but is it as bad as...this." With his final word, he slings you over his shoulder and begins walking as you laugh, trying to escape his grip.

He sets you down on a table and places his hands either side of your waist. "Gimme a kiss or I'm putting that cereal back." he teased, rubbing his nose against yours.

"Excuse me, I think that's blackmail. I can sue you."

"Putting it back." Bucky states, waltzing back in the direction of the kitchen but you grab his arm and tug him back. The two of you laugh together before you press a gentle kiss to the side of Bucky's lips.

"What was that? I want my kiss." Bucky moans, leaning forward but you stop him. "You'll get your kiss when I get my cereal so go make me my breakfast, chef."

"Certainly, my love."