Game on ϟ prompt

Request from : Hey! I was wondering if you would do an imagine for 067? I think it would be super cute! Thanks so much!

Fandom: The Flash
Pairing: Barry Allen x reader
FYI:

Category: MARRIED LIFE
Prompt 067: "I came home to a Nerf gun on the front porch and a note that says 'Here is your weapon. I have one too. Loser cooks dinner. Good luck. xo'"

A/N: So this is kind of short... But listen, I've actually made this prompt on my other blog. There I shipped reader with ! Go check it out ;)

ϟϟϟϟϟ

While Y/N was at work, she had no idea of his sad state. She didn't know that he felt like a part of himself had betrayed him. She didn't know because she wasn't there, and that's why Caitlin decided to give her cousin Y/N a quick text informing her about what just happened.

From: Caitie
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that Barry's not in the best mood. He didn't make it to save a family from "The Optimizer"

Y/N typed as fast as her fingers managed, she didn't want to forget her perfect idea that suddenly had popped up inside her head.

From: Y/N/N
Thanks for the heads up, C!

After hitting send, Y/N quickly tossed her phone away. Finally she would be able to use those nerf-guns she had gotten from her nephew.

Barry was not happy. He was rather tired, irritated and mad at himself. After not being able to capture the Optimizer, Barry just ran and ran and ran. He was determined to get faster, better, quicker. 'What if that had ben Y/N's family? Her siblings, mother and father? Y/N would never have forgiven me then. She would have gotten a divorce for sure. What if it had been Y/N?' Thoughts like that kept him running faster and faster. So fast that when he now stood outside the door, he had newly plucked tulips from Holland for his beautiful wife. Barry knocked on the door. He knocked once, no answer. He knocked twice, no answer. Thoughts like before began to rebuild, and he opened the door. But just when he was about to walk inside and call for Y/N, Barry tripped on a toy-gun at his feet. A yellow sticky-note plastered onto it. 'Here is your weapon. I have one too. Loser cooks dinner. Good luck. xo'. A smile lurked onto his face. The tired feeling disappeared completely and a playful smirk took its place. Game on.

It took ten minutes before a nerf-dart, hit the plant two inches away from Barry's right foot. His gaze followed where he assumed the shooter had stood, and his eyes met hers. For a second they just stared into each others eyes. Before Y/N managed to blink, Barry had sped over to her and held her from the back.

"Any last words?" Y/N felt Barry's infectious smile against her neck.
"Is that your line? The one you use on the bad guys?" She said playfully.
"Well, no. That one is specially saved for my wife," And then he shot her.

"You know, the note promised a home cooked meal," Barry said as you walked down the pathway, hand in hand, towards the city centre.
"Well, then you would have to eat my food and risk a whole week home from duties, so... Belly Burger it is, then," because of Y/N's lack of cooking skills, the plan from the beginning was a nice date night out with a twist.

ϟϟϟϟϟ

A/N: My apologies this isn't that good, but I sort of got writers block... ://