avocados ϟ prompt

Being Barry's girlfriend was amazing. Though everything has its disadvantages. There had been times were you almost died, all of them because of the Flash's enemies. One of them was The Reverse Flash, an other one; Mark Mardon AKA the Weather Wizard. That's why all types of extremely weather and thunder&lightning made you terrified.

Yesterday, thunder and lightning visited Central City. Five minutes before the happening, you made Barry leave the apartment.
"Barry, we need avocados!" You yelled from the kitchen.
"Avocados?" He walked over to you.
"Yeah. We need them for the guac," you said and turned over to him. "Can you please speed over to the store for me and get it?" you said with a begging smile on your lips and matching eyes.
"I guess..." Barry said, and a grin spread out on your mouth as you went over to peck his lips.
"Thank you," you whispered and your's and Barry's foreheads touched. He slipped his arms around your waist and gave you a longer, passionate, soft kiss, a kiss you loved, yet had to pull out of.
"Barry, avocados..." He smiled at you and shook his head at your quirky-ness.
"Barry...!"
"Yeah, I'll go now. Be right back!" He said and sped away to the store four blocks away from your apartment.

Without a warning a quick and sharp light lit up the livingroom. You jumped in your place, thoughts overwhelming your brain, some trying to find comfort, others full of panic. It didn't take long before the horrid sound of thunder followed up, and soon the panic-filled ones outed the good thoughts. You started to get difficulties on breathing.Fears of The Reverse Flash or Mark Mardon returning creased the panicattack, and you could barely move to your phone and dial Barry's number.
Beeep... beeep.... bee-
"Hey, Baby, there's a huge line here, so I-"
"B-b–bb-hhhhh..."
"Y/N?" Barry's voice had a hint of concern mixed with fear in it – something you didn't notice at that moment.
""C-c-c-cah-ah-nt-tt b-b-br-e-e-e-ee-ath-h-h-he," you stuttered out. As you dropped the phone and collapsed onto the floor in misery, your boyfriend ran as fast as he could up to you. His eyes got full of tears once he saw your state, but he still managed to jog over to you and calm you down.
"Y/N! Y/N, you need to focus on my voice," he said and pulled you up into a sitting position, crouching down between your legs, his head at the same level as yours.
"Y/N, look into my eyes! Focus on my voice and count to 10 with me..." Barry started to panic a bit himself. Your lack of oxygen was scaring him in a way that no metahuman could ever do. When this technique didn't work, and your hyperventilating got worse, he had to act fast. So he did the first thing that popped up into his head; he kissed you. It was slow and soft, just like the one a bit earlier. When he pulled out of it, the kiss seemed to have done its work. Heavy breaths escaped your lips and happy tears ran down your cheeks. First thing you did was hug your boyfriend in front of you. The panic-attack had made you so tired that words couldn't be made, you couldn't talk. So Barry lifted you up to the couch and the pair of you stayed there until your eyelids took a brake. Soon you two travelled to a land full of dreams far far away.

You woke up with a need for food on your mind. It wasn't before you tried to check the time on your nightstand, that you noticed it was the sofa you were laying on. You felt Barry's chest grow bigger and fall as he inhaled and exhaled. For what seemed like a long time, you just laid there and listened to his breaths. You felt his heartbeats and chest move. Though when your stomach shouted in need for food, you knew you couldn't wait any longer.
"Ugh... what time is it?" Barry whispered into your ear.
"Sorry, did I wake you up?" You turned around to face him and his groggily face. In spite of just waking up, Barry smiled at the sight of his beautiful girlfriend safe in his arms.
"Noo..." He lied with a smile on his face.
"Liar, liar, pants on fire," you laughed and pecked his lips.
"I just want to lay down here with you forever," Barry whispered, almost getting lost in your eyes.
"I'd love that, but my stomach will soon explode in hungryness. What happened yesterday exactly? I can't remember," you asked, ruining the moment.
"Well..."A thunderstorm rolled through town and you were so scared, Y/N. You had a panic-attack," Barry seemed uncomfortable when he told you this, as if he was a little kid whom had just met the boogeyman the night before.
"What?"
"Yeah, I sped up here seconds after you called me," he said, his tone changed as his eyebrows furrowed and he got concerned look full of worry and care expanded on his face.
"Wait... So you just flashed over here – and forgot the avocados?" You asked.
"I sped up here to protect you!" He defended himself. You may put food as first priority, but Barry wouldn't. You were his first. You are his first. And he would will pick any fight, and anywhere, if someone would disagree with his priorities.
"I guess that's an ok excuse... but we need to eat, Barr," you whispered.
"Let's make something to eat, then!" He smiled, and you two slowly got up from the couch. While you started to make food, he watched your gracefully moves. He shared jokes, stole kisses, and talked to you. It was great. It was 4AM. It was something you guys didn't think about at that time. Though when the alarm woke you up three hours later, you did. But you didn't regret it. You didn't care that because of your romantic, super-late "date", you got less sleep than wanted/needed. You loved late night talks and chats with Barry. You loved Barry. You love Barry. And you knew that that night was an unforgetable one. Just like you knew that the sky would be blue the next morning. That the clouds would be white. That Barry would oversleep. You just knew.