Chapter 19: No One But You

Warning: extreme feels and 3rd POV and a lot of time skips oops
___________________________________

"Hey, dude, want to go on an adventure?" Finn heard from the other side of the door.

"No thanks, Jake"

"Come on, Finn! It's been two months!"

Has it been really that long? Even though feeling centuries of pain, he still felt as if it was just yesterday that he said his goodbyes. He still couldn't believe it. His soulmate, his other half, his partner in crime, his best friend was in fact gone. How could he?

The memories haunt him day after day. There was just no way he could fill the gap that (y/n) left. He always thought that these kind of things happened to everyone else but him.

Everything was going fine before she arrived. Because of her, he felt angry, sad, happy, excited. He even felt as if his heart would leap out of his chest and that butterflies were invading his stomach. How could all of these emotions come because of one girl?

Now that is a mystery.

"Jake... I don't want to..."

"Dude... It won't hurt you"

Finn didn't respond. He still thought that he wasn't ready yet. He wasn't ready to go on an adventure without (y/n). His stomach growled in agreement.

"I'll make you meatloaf..."

Finn hesitated. He knew it was just a tactic to get him out of the house. And frankly, it was working.

"Okay"

* * *
(time skip brought to you by Ice King daydreaming about kidnapping you)

"Jake, can we go back now?"

"Why? We didn't even find one piece of treasure!"

"Exactly! We're wasting our time"

"Oh come on! Don't be like that, Finn! You love to go on adventures!"

Jake was right. He did love to go adventuring. But recently, he just found no pleasure in it. He wondered why. Was it because of (y/n)? Was it the fact that she loved to go on adventures more than anyone he had ever met? Or just simply because he found no reason in it at all? Who knows, Finn's mind is as confusing as Ice King's underpants.

"Not anymore, Jake"

"Sigh, fine. But, just one last time? There's this cool cave that I heard of and I want to go see it"

"Fine. Let's go"

* * *
(time skip brought to you by Peppermint butler's plan to send you back to the devil [he made a theory about you being related])

"So... Why are we here again?"

"I overheard some weird dudes talking about some cave... What was it called again? Cave of raisins? Anyways, there's like this big cool magic gem in it!"

"Oh cool. So... We going in?"

"Yush! Let's go!"

The two best friends start walking towards the entrance of the cave. As they go deeper and deeper Finn starts to hear... voices? Someone was singing.