Chapter 10: No Escape

I dedicate this chapter to all my fellow readers/adventurers who gave me ideas for this chapter and the next ones.

And as a thank you gift, here are Rin and Len in panda onesies:

It's been two days and no sign of a saviour nor a miracle has shown up

It's been two days and no sign of a saviour nor a miracle has shown up. I'm still tied up on the hard ground, feeling quite hopeless. I'm hungry and thirsty. Not much energy is left in my body, not only because of my lack of food but also because of my numerous failing attempts to escape from this hell hole. What makes thing even more difficult is that my awesome sword is hidden or lost somewhere unknown to me.

"You sure look terrible" Rin states

"Really? Didn't notice..." I say with some sarcasm

"I got a message that the King will be coming soon" She informs me "Len went out to wait for your father..."

"Why...?" I whisper

"Huh?" She asks confused

"Why are you doing this? What did I do to deserve all of... this..."

Rin doesn't respond. She looks at the ground looking ashamed, guilty and sad. "You don't understand... I don't have a choice. I can't escape this... This life... I don't want to do this..."

"What's holding you back from your freedom?" I ask her

"My family" She replies in a quiet tone, almost mumbling.

"Your family?"

"Yes. 5 years ago, when I was 11 years old, the knights of Adventure Kingdom voyaged throughout the land to hunt down families to work in slavery or in a new unit for the military called the Vocaloids. And that's where I come. Me and my brother were offered to be part of this team and we accepted. But when we saw the horrible things we had to do, we quitted. The king did not like the idea. So he forced us to stay in the Vocaloids or else our family, that is suffering in slavery right now, will be executed in front of us." She explained "I would have never kidnapped you in my entire life but..."

"But when your loved ones are on the line, you have to do anything to protect them" I continue while clenching my fists

I've heard that my father was recruiting people to become part of the new special agent unit, but I never knew about the slaves.

I can't believe him. 

I can't believe he put so many people in misery...

Father,

You will pay...

* * *

"FINN!"

"Huh?! What?!"

"I've been calling your name for a while" says Jake

"Oh I guess I was spacing out..." Finn answers

"Hey dude are you feeling alright?" Marceline asks Finn

"Huh? Oh yeah why wouldn't I be?" Finn says while he continues walking through the forest with the rescue team towards (y/n)'s whereabouts. "I mean, we know where she is and we're almost there..."

These past two days, the group of friends have been traveling the land of Ooo in the hopes of finding their troubled friend.

"Yeah but aren't you scared about arriving too late?" Marceline asks as Finn stays silent. This is the reason why our adventurer was spacing out. He was afraid. Afraid of what might happen when they arrive. He was also very confused on why they would kidnap his beautiful maiden. Was there something she had kept a secret from him? Did she not trust him enough? All these questions kept swirling in his head but none of them were answered.

"Soooo... I was wondering... When we rescue (y/n), can she become my wife?" Ice King asks interrupting the silence that filled the air with a ridiculous question. In return, the rest of the group answered him with glares. He immediately new his response.

Suddenly Princess Bubblegum stops in her tracks, "Guys..." She mutters a little bit scared by the huge shadow overcasting then "We have company..."

"Well well well... What do we got here? A group of kids that are here to mess up my plans? I don't think so..."

________________________________

OMG!! I did it! No more writer's block!!! And it's all thanks to you guys! I couldn't of done it without you!

So coming back to the chapter, what do you think?

P.S. Don't worry your ideas will come in the next chapters!!!

Thanks for everything!

~Happy reading!
-Your_Average_Panda