Together, Forever

Start from the beginning

But he was no match to Trevor. This gym was no match to the Sky.

I wanted to go back. Scratch that, I NEEDED to go back.

*over two hours later*

I was just packing up to leave, with Raj and other two gymnasts. My muscles were sore, and I hurt my hand. I had to go to the store to pick up some elastic bandage for my hand. Malaika would be pissed off if I’d have to walk infront of her with a sprain. She’d kill me. Or worse, make me wear so much jewelry that it’d cover the injury.

I ran down the stairs and hug tackled Salman who was standing outside the car.

“Sorry to make you wait!”

“Oh no problem.” He smiled.

I looked at him closely. A was definitely glad to be back home. But he looked so messed up. He had light bags under his eyes. His eyes were filled with grief. Just like that night. The night he came home drunk. I was so scared that night. Not because I thought he would hurt me, no. But because I could see what he was doing to himself. He was destroying himself.

I couldn’t talk to him now, I decided. I needed to get him back first. The real him, and not the heart-broken, self-destroying one standing infront of me right now.

“I want myself some FOOD!! Some local cuisine.”  I begged, opening the door.

“Of course you need it. Wanna go to the usual spot?” He asked, getting into the car. He adored this Bentley! That was why he was driving. He didn’t let anyone else even touch the steering wheel of this one.

“Maybe pick something up. I’m not going to sit there in a leo, sweats and a jacket.”

“Makes sense.” He nodded and took off.

We got home earlier than expected, and also managed to pick up something from our favorite local cuisine shack without cameras flashing around.

*dining area*

“Looks yum, na? Salman asked, as I came out of my room freshly showered. Chalk in nails was the most disgusting thing in the world.

“Uh-huh.” I replied, and started eating. And he just sat there, watching me.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, looking concerned.

“Nothing.” I shrugged. Lie, I scolded myself. But I couldn’t tell. Everyone has problems bigger than mine…including him.

“You can tell me.” He said, lifting my chin.

“It’s just…never mind. Just eat, ok?”  I shoved his hand off my chin, getting frustrated now.

“Please. Whatever it is, tell me. I know it’s not just a bad day that everyone is assuming it to be. It’s something worse.” He stated matter-of-factly.

“If you know this, then you should also understand that I am not telling you ANYTHING! My life, my problems.” I pushed my plate and got up to run away. But my brother was stronger and faster than I was.

“Leave me! Now!” I wiggled around in his grip.

“Lizzie please. I don’t want to do this. You need help.” He said softly, pulling me closer.

“No, I don’t.” I hissed, trying hard to get free from his hold.

“Always the stubborn one. You have to confine in someone. I can see how you are hurting yourself.” He was starting to lose his patience now, but was controlling himself well.

“And you are hurting yourself too! What about that?”  I snapped.

“I am not! You are the one who is being un-usually snappy and rude.” And I made a terrible mistake.

“You came home DRUNK!” That shut him up. He looked shocked and ashamed. I should have said sorry. I should have sat there with him. I should have done anything but run away then.

I slammed the door closed and my legs gave up. I sat in a corner, back against the wall, with my head in my hands. I was ruining everything. I yelled at my brother, I snapped at my friends, I was losing grip on gymnastics, and I was dying inside. That girl’s screams, the faces haunted me every day, every moment. I needed answers to questions I didn’t know.

I felt another body sit beside me, and nudging me.

“Sorry.” He whispered his voice shaky.

“Don’t be. I should be. I can’t think rationally. Because nothing makes sense.” I replied in a small voice.

“I know. I can’t think rationally too. I made mistakes in the past few days. You made them, too. Partners in crime.” He replied in a soft voice too, kissing my hair.

I looked up, and my lips curled up slightly. I snuggled closer to him, and whispered, “I need you”

“Me too.” He replied, pulling me closer. “Me too.”

Then, I filled him in about my flashbacks. I told him every single detail I could remember. He told me about how he couldn’t handle the blame of being abusive. How the criticizes from the media were hurting him deep inside, the pressure from every side was unbearable. We both had different problems, yet so similar. We spoke for hours, and it felt so so much better.

Shortly, as I was drifting into the fantasy land, Salman whispered into my ear,

“Thanks for being there. And I promise you one thing Lee. We will find answers. She will get justice. You will get justice. We will get through together.”

“Love you.” I replied, pulling him closer.

“Love you too.” He kissed my forehead and wrapped his protective arms around me.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love comments, votes and suggetions!!! :) appreciate them!!! Oh...and I'm bloody hungry!