Loving a gangster ✔

Time without Bethany was pure torture that lasted too long. Two weeks I worked successfully as a spy for police. Why this long? Because before that, there were no major deals coming up.

After two weeks of contact with my girlfriend, I finally had the chance to make a difference. My boss was buying a new type of drug from some high-class mafia people and as expected I was included in the dealing group. He trusted my fighting and manipulating skills a little too much.

 I sent in the SOS signal as Chief Morgan explained to me as soon as I got the location of the deal.

"Tonight we get  a major deal boys before the Rogue Gang. We need this drug so that we can have maximum earning from the market." Some guy from the group said and everyone nodded in agreement.

I was more relaxed now that they couldn't detect my dual identity. And it was becoming more fun day by day.

"Brax, I want you with me," Rogers said and I nodded nonchalantly.

We all started discussing the plan, checking our ammunition and other shit before the big deal. Surprisingly boss was not here like always and that relieved me even further. That guy had a knack to see through you and know what you are thinking.

After a while my non-traceable cell buzzed in my pocket, the one Chief Morgan gave me. I excused myself and stepped out of the warehouse.

There was a message from Chief Morgan. I immediately opened it and for a second my heart dropped to my gut.

Bethany is missing. I think she has been taken. -M

No, no, no, this can't be happening I did all that just to protect her. She can't be in trouble, not because of me. I haven't even spent time with her properly. Never have I cried in my life, even when I lost my parents I was too small and in too much of a shock. But now tears escaped my eyes surprising me.

I forgot about the gang inside, I forgot about the deal , about the big catch I was helping in today. I rushed to Rogers and held him by the collar, my anger hitting him hard.

His eyes widened in shock and surprise.

"Where is Toran?" I asked him putting all the threat in my words.

"I-I don't know." He stammered totally scared.

I pulled out the gun and everyone around me stared at us.

"WHERE IS TORAN?" I yelled pointing a gun at the crowd.

They knew I can shot five people in one go. They knew I was dangerous when I am angry.

"Barck Motel." One of the guys who was earlier giving instruction spoke up.

Leaving everyone utterly confused and shocked I walked out of the place with one goal in mind.

***

I called Chief Morgan on my way to the Motel.

"Where is Beth?" I asked in a panic.

"Bethany Summers?"

"Who else Morgan?" I answered in an agitated tone.

"She is fine, she is at my place sobbing her heart out with my daughter. She comes here every night since you left." He chuckled lowly.

My mind went numb for a moment as I processed the words. I stopped the car and reassured that Beth was safe. Then who was the message from?

My question was answered as soon as I stepped out of the car. I was now surrounded by three other cars. Everyone knew about the Pirate gang so they scattered as soon as the members stepped out and pulled out their guns.

I should have known, Touran was running such a big gang. He could not to fooled this easy. But what made him tick about my work?

"I never expected betrayal from you, Hunter," Touran said with an easy smirk.

Even I didn't expect that.

"Girls are nothing but a weakness and liability." He moved closer and I was scared.

"Giving details to police , not cool." He pointed the gun to my head.

Bethany and her innocent face flashes in my heads, as if it was my last moment.

"Kill me now Touran, I don't need a stupid deal or anything. I will not be part of your gang anymore." I said defiantly and his smirk faded.

He looked pissed off and I don't know what made him even think before shooting me.

"You know I will kill her once you are dead." He threatened and I could see the hollowness in his words.

"You can't even kidnap her to bargain with me, she is too protected. You can't kill her. I will make sure of that even if I die." I closed in not intimidated by him anymore.

If my death means Beth out of danger then I will gladly die.

"Are you not curious to know how I found out?" I had no idea why Touran was stalling.

"Not really."

"Well, I had you followed when you left the town. You left without forming me and soon after your girl left. I could see the way you looked at her, different than other girls."

"And  now what do you want me to do?" I challenged him though I was in no position to do so.

"I wish you were not the one to betray me, you were my best. It was good that you had a heart of ice before." He sounded sincere as if he cared about me.

"She melted my heart. And I can't be this if I have to be with her."

"And I can't let you live now. Not only you decided to leave, you also told our secrets to the police. I already faced so many losses, I can't face any more." He loaded the gun and moved back as if hurting me bothered him.

I wanted to close my eyes but I was too brave for that right now. I saw regret in his eyes as he shot me in the chest. The bullet hit me hard and sharp taking along all the senses. Everything started blurring as the pain slowly spread from the wound to my entire body. I could see the blood oozing out and energy leave my legs.

I stumbled on the ground , everything around me fuzzy. Now I closed my eyes, breathing heavily. My last thoughts were Beth and promise I made to her of returning back alive. I broke it. She loved me even as a gangster. I saw a silhouette bending closer to my body right then.

And Touran whispered, "I will not touch her."

His words were like my permission to leave and I sighed allowing the pain and injury take over as darkness engulfed me; my last regret of hurting Beth , yet again. 

-----------------------------------------

*runs away fast* Don't hate me. I mean every story can't be all happy and jolly :P

I planned it this way and as much as I wanted to rewrite, I couldn't. Undercovers are not often the safest work and him fooling the boss would have been too dramatic and unrealistic. And I didn't want that to happen. XD

List is completed from either end and Epilogue will be up on Wednesday.

For those who want a check-list for girl  do let me know.  I already have few 'yes' regarding this.