Chapter Four: Midnight with a Lycan

Start from the beginning

I stared at him, "I don't think you're a monster." I whispered to him, "if anyone is a monster, it's both of us." I told him truthfully.

Grey's golden eyes searched my own grey, searching for something that he seemed to be so desperately wanted. "I'm bound to destroy you," He said, "you're so delicate, so small."

Scoffing, I tried to peel myself off of him, realizing that I was being put into a situation I didn't want to be in. "I'm sorry. If you think I'm a damsel in distress, go find someone else to protect." I said, feeling his sudden reaction to my words. His jaw tightened, his chest pressing into me, and his body leaving no room for me beneath him.

"I'm not glass." I added.

"Sorry," He told me, "you must get that a lot."

"What? That I'm treated like I'll break at any moment; I have had plenty of it from my brother for the past sixteen years of my life." I replied, my voice trying my best to sugarcoat it for him.

I quickly slipped through his tight hold, and darted to the corner of my room, standing in front of my window before turning around to face him. He was already behind me, his breath held as if every single thing I did took his breath away; he was clearly intrigued by me, though I was quite boring.

"I've never met anyone like you." He said.

Laughing lightly, I let my eyes linger over his body, I realized the fact that he was shirtless. Leaving his chest bare to bask in the moonlight, the pure muscles making my eyes hungrily watch them move with each breath he took.

"I mean," He backtracked, his words becoming lost as I laughed lightly- I could feel the heat of a blush wipe over my freckled cheeks.

"It's fine," I told him, "just don't let Simon hear you, or he'll really have you running."

"What did he say, about you and I?" Grey asked, his golden eyes measuring me.

I felt like a bug ready to be squished, his tall frame towering over me- I was quite used to taller, more stronger wolves being in my life, example 1. Simon, but he held an aura of just more than authority. His huge arms that were crossed at the moment proved he was a man of no patients, and the way his mouth was carved, I could already tell he was used to barking orders.

His appearance demanded attention, though he may not realize it himself.

"You can stay-"

He cut me off, suddenly his lips turning back into a smile that I had come to love in the past twelve hours, "Great. And after I'm acquainted with your pack, you come back to Italy with me, correct?" He asked me, hopeful.

"Uh- no, not exactly." I told him.

"Then, what?" He wondered, his face dropping the grin.

"I'm staying here, I have to. Simon said-" I began.

He cut me off again, making me aggravated, "Simon isn't your father, you can do anything you want to. By pack law you technically have to go back to Italy with me." He said.

I shook my head, "He may not be my father, but rather I like it, or you like it, Simon knows what's best for me, even if I don't know it myself." I defended him.

"So you are just going to stay in this old town? Rot with your brother?" He asked, spitting his words out like venom; I realized Grey was becoming just aggravated as I was.

"No," I said, harshly. "I'm going to come to your pack when I'm eighteen. If you aren't as big of an ass as you are right now!" I told him, trying my best not to begin shouting, or Simon would run in.