Chapter Three: Lycan Alpha

"I'm sorry brother,

I'm sorry I let ya' down.

Well these days your fine,

No these days ya' tend to lie."

Imagine Dragons, Amsterdam

My mouth was agape, my heart thudding in my chest as I stared at the man; he was close- so close that I could hear his tiny breaths of surprise. I was staring at him, as his thundering gaze seemed to study me carefully. I felt like a deer in headlights, to surprised to move or either frozen with too much fear.

"C-can I take a picture?" I suddenly said after the silence that had draped over us disappeared at the sound of my voice, "with the car, of course." I whispered.

The man smiled, before nodding at my request. I handed him my iPhone, "The button," I said, touching his hand as I pointed to the camera's button, "is right there." I told him, before scraping his finger. I felt the strange spark of electricity travel through my entire body as I scraped his bare skin.

Goosebumps traveled up my arms, but not because of the snow that was beginning to pelt my hair, but because of the man being so close to me.

"You like cars?" He asked, his voice a low, husky tone that made my mouth drop in surprise. How could someone be so drop-dead gorgeous, and have a voice to match?

I shook my head, "Not really, I just- I'm a fan of this one." I told him, before lightly patting it with the palm of my hand, before turning back to him.

"Smile." The man told me, before snapping the picture. I smiled with a blush alit on my cheeks.

I ran towards the man, looking up at his hands to see the photo. There I was, in my brother's leather jacket zipped to my chin, and my hair sprawling in every direction. My tights from yesterday were damp from the snow. My nose was bright red from the weather, but my cheeks that were a violent scarlet, wasn't because of the cold, but because of him.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing my iPhone, "I'm Silvere by the way." I told him, taking my hand out for him to shake.

He looked at my shaking freckled hand, before lifting his eyebrows up. "I'm Talon Grey," He said, taking my hand sturdily, "but just call me Grey." He finished. I stared at his hand, the tingling of sparks catching me in his hold, and I didn't want to let go, not soon and not ever.

"Are you- I mean, you don't happen to be..?" I let the question hang out of my mouth as he nodded- he had clearly recognized me as his mate.

"I'm a werewolf, and I'm aware this is territory that I've never been across." He didn't let go of my hand, his grin dropping as he stared me in the eyes, "You don't happen to know whom it belongs to, do you?" He asked, his eyes lingering on my face.

I nodded my head at Grey, "It's my brother's, well, technically it's ours until he mates, but yeah, you are on pack territory." I casted a look to Cal, who was looking on from the store, watching the scene between me and Grey unfold, "and to tell you the truth, I don't think your supposed to, or welcomed to be here."

"I think I'll be welcomed enough, I mean after all, my mate is here." He said, staring me directly in the eyes; I blushed violently, before casting my eyes to my feet.

"It'll probably be best if I go check out, and go home to my brother. I-"

He cut me off, "You wouldn't mind showing me to your home would you? Your brother is Alpha, correct?" He added. I casted my eyes down to our hands, they were still clasped together.