t w e n t y t w o - r e l a t e d

"Katie! Katie! Katie!" Connor says banging on the door of his best friends house.

It was after the questioning at the station that he had managed to run all the way to her house. He was exhausted and craved little time but he needed answers and he needed them now. After about five more bangs on the door Katie opened it slightly annoyed.

"Connor, what are you doing here," Katie said. "You know this is my little time." 

Connor looked at his watch. "I'm sorry Kitty. Trust me when I say this I want to be little too but I need to ask you some things."

"Okay..." Katie said stepping out of the way so Connor could walk in. 

"It-It's just that," He says pacing. "I finally had my questioning for the things that happened with Jackson and ever since... my mind is just running wild and I-."

"Hey!" Katie said grabbing Connor's wrist. "I need you to breathe can you do that for me." 

Connor took a deep breath as they both sat down on the couch. He never knew breathing could work this well. 

"Alright what happened at the questioning that has your mind running all..." Katie trails off as she thinks of the word.

"Wild?" Connor ask.

"Yeah, wild. Now questioning."

"Right, right. Well I found out the Jackson intended on killing me when he shot me. Actually, he wanted to kill me and Troye both but I have the scare to prove that he failed... twice."

"Is that what has you so rattled?" Katie says confusion written on her face. 

"Yes but no... when was the last time you have seen your brother?" Connor says.

 Katie smiles and laughs. "Why does this have anything to- no. Connor, he can't... he isn't... how." She says before placing her head in her hands. 

Connor was about to say something but decided on rubbing soothing circles on his best friends back.

"What-what makes you so sure?" She says.

Connor gets up. "That's the thing, I'm not. It just so happens that your brother happens to have the name of my ex. I don't know anything about his past, I don't know where he grew up or if he had any siblings or-."

"But my parents told me that he... my parents!" She said getting up and pacing.

"What about your par-."

"My brother got in a lot of trouble when he was younger. He got caught in the law a few times. My parents had an image keep, that went down the drain when I came out as gay and Jack had his first run in with the police. So they just told everyone that he got married and decided on trying to have a clean slate, clearly that didn't work." Katie says with a huff.

"Kitty I-." 

"I can't believe," Katie said to herself even though it was loud enough for Connor to hear. "I can't believe my own brother, the person I'm forced to share a last name with, would attempt to kill you."

Katie looked towards the ground a single tear sliding down her cheek. "I'm related to a murderer."

Katie looks up and sees Alexis walking in with a basket of laundry. "Hey guys how's it going?"

"Mommy!" Katie said running to her caregiver crying.

xxx

The rest of the day Connor and Katie were in littlespace. Connor felt every worry he had in his mind ease away as him and Katie sat in front of the TV in her room and bopped their heads up and down to the 'Bubble Guppies'  theme song.

"Con." Alexis peeking her head in.

"Yes Lexi." Connor says holding back a fit of laughter.

"I called your Daddy and told him you were going to stay for dinner, okay?"

Connor smiles, "Yes, that's very 'kay! But I was wonderin' if I could sleeps over?"

Katie gasp as she runs over and pulls on Alexis' arm. "Oh can he mommy? Oh can he please!" She begs.

"I call and ask him, but he might want you back early. Did you forget your daddy's album release party is tomorrow?" 

Connor taps his finger on his chin. "Huh, guess I did. You comin' to Daddy's party? He says his eyes big. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Katie says kissing Connor on the noes. "Only time I can eat cake without mommy's permission." The last part she said only to Connor which made him giggle.

Katie jumps of the bed. "Hey! Wanna help me pick out somethin' to wear for tommowie." Katie says bouncing causing her skirt to sway.

"Duh," Connor says making a face. "Only if I get to try on some skirts."

This time Katie makes a face. "Silly, you can always try on my skirts." 

xxx

so if you got a notimination (yes i know it's misspelled, that's how i say it) saying i uodated but clicked it and had some type of error i'm sorry. i was sitting on the bathroom floor waiting for the shower to heat up and clicked publish instead of save. lol.

explanation time with serria (again):

this story, along with all others, are au's. things don't always have to be cut and dry when it comes to certain things. like the questioning, i'm very aware of the whole 'no officer having any relations with anyone that's in the case can be on the case' and  'the victim and suspect' thing. having a mom that works with that type of stuff you hear it a lot. 

the hate i get about things like that really makes me sad/mad tbh.

not directed toward any person it's just something that i feel like people don't get. 

guysssss, the story is ending soon. ): 

but don't worry i have a sequel in the works and i already have most of the plot. mwahahaa. 

okay i gotta go to sleep.

later loves!

-ria