3

"...So yeah."

You had just finished explaining to Alain, Charizard, Marin and Chespie about your life story, telling them about how you were experimented on and beat around like a weak Pidgey. They eliminated any memory of your family. You didn't even know if you even had a family.

"Oh yeah... One last thing..." You reached behind you and onto you're dark brown belt, the only splash of colour in your outfit, and pulled out a Pokeball, "Growlithe! I choose you!"

A female Growlithe came out of it's Pokeball, barking and cutely chasing her tail, chewing it slightly whilst laying down before rolling around in the dirt again. She was quite a reckless pup...

"Ugh... I just cleaned you 3 hours ago!" You moaned.

Growlithe stopped immediately and bowed, dropping its head down, "Growlithe..."

"It's okay. I'll wash you again la-" Before you could finish your sentence, a loud yelp of a Pokemon nearby was heard.

"Char!"

You quickly returned Growlithe and sprinted over to the noise, seeing a fire type Pokemon, Charmander, tied up to a fence with a metal chain around its neck. Alain, Marin and Chespie followed suite, Alain returning his Charizard in the process.

It seemed to be a shiny Pokemon.

You crouched down to the little Pokemon's height, "Did your trainer leave you?" You reached out your hand, only for the fire-lizard Pokemon to let out an Ember.

You quickly twisted your body so you wouldn't get hit and pushed Alain and Marin, along with Chespie, back.

"Why would it's trainer do that?" Marin asked, angry and disgusted.

"I don't know but they're pretty blind. Charmander here is very strong, and seems to have a lot of potential as a Pokemon..." You slowly reached your arms out, petting the small Pokemon.

"Char!" It cooed softly, liking the new feeling of affection.

"Here. This should feel better. And more comfortable." You slowly removed the digging chains and replaced them with a dark blue handkerchief that was hanging off of your keys of the Pokemon Centre room. You did that to know which keys were yours so you didn't get mixed up. It was made out of fluffy and smooth velvet.

 It was made out of fluffy and smooth velvet

"There you go!" You cried.

"Charmander!" It jumped up and hung it's arms around your neck before bouncing of and stared at you in thought for a second.

It's face lit up with an idea. It reached over in your belt and tapped a button on one of your Pokeballs, making the Pokemon get sucked inside.

'Bring
Bring
Bring
Ding!'

"Cool! You caught a shiny Charmander!" Marin shouted in excitement.

Alain slightly smiled (pic above) and sent a friendly wink your way, patting your back, "Great job. You deserved that."

With that, he walked off, leaving you with Marin as she watched dumbstruck and your face being beet-red, staring at his retreating form.