1 - medication

delilahs pov

+++

i gulped as i drove my Range Rover through a rusty, old looking gate that read 'Hospital for the Insane.' had i really thought this through? i had spent 4 years in university for this, of course I had. but was this the right place to start off?

and old playground was set just to the right of the large building

and old playground was set just to the right of the large building. a child was staring at the floor, sitting on a swing as a male nurse looked traumatized. to the left of the building, there was a large dumpster filled with empty syringes. I parked my car in the staff spaces and walked into the entrance, chills running down my back. instantly, I heard screams and laughing. not happy laughing. evil laughing. there was voices, begging for freedom which made me slightly uncomfortable. I reached what seemed like the front desk, an old lady sitting there typing away. "uh- excuse me? my name is delilah brooks? I'm-"

"you're late." she grumbled handing me a slip and shoving me into another room. I took in my surroundings, almost everything was white. it's smelt strongly of disinfectant and a man was sitting at a desk. "you must be miss brooks?"

I nodded, handing him the slip that the lady had given me. he smiled at me, standing up and crossing his arms, looking at me up and down. I shifted upon his gaze. "my name is dr. hayes." he put his hand out and I grabbed it, shaking it firmly. "i own the place, we believe that all patients have their own problems, so we assign a nurse to each patient. i will give you a short tour of the building. please follow me." I nodded again, following him into a corridor that was labeled 'one-green'

long story short, there were 4 levels. green, blue, orange and red. the shitty part is, i'm working on the 4th floor, red. nice one, hayes. as i stepped on the cold and dusty marble floor, a shivered, wrapping my arms around my body tightly. a boy with silver hair popped out of a door, as he was taking his elastic gloves off. he smiled at the sight of me. ''hey, i'm kian.''

i smiled at him as he gestured for me to follow him into the room, i obeyed. two younger boys sat on the sofa, eating chips. they looked at us, a confused look on their faces. ''i thought she was a dude?'' i licked my lips as they looked me up and down. ''definitely not a dude.''

''i'm jc.'' the curly haired one said. i smiled slightly, looking at the other boy. ''tom.'' i felt slightly uncomfortable, as he didn't look up at me, his eyes were fixated on the tv, that was by the way turned off.

i looked back at kian. ''do you have any idea where my clothes are and stuff?'' he nodded.

he led me into a room that had four beds in it. one of the beds had clothed stacked onto it. "this is where you sleep if there's ever an emergency and one of the guys can't show up. these are your clothes. we got you the smallest size since you look quite small." he looked me up and down, smiling. I giggled and took the material out of his hands.