Chapter 14

I'm tired

Phil arrived home from school roughly a month later after having a particularly horrible day. Luke had been especially rude and he had completely flunked a major English test.

He sighed as he closed the front door behind him, just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. Sadly, before he could even begin to think about heading upstairs, his parents called him into the living room.

Phil's mum, dad and a nervous-looking Martyn were staring at him. "We have some news for you two." Their dad started, holding a straight, emotionless expression on his face.

"Your father and I have been discussing this for the last month or so." Both Phil and Martyn nodded, confused.

After a moment of silence, their parents looked at each other before saying (in unison), "We're moving."

Phil and Martyn both gasped in surprise, their eyes wide.

"No way!" Martyn almost screamed.

"Where?" Phil exclaimed at near enough the same time.

"Well, we've been thinking... how about somewhere on the edge of London? We've found a nice house in a good area and we think you'll love it."

"Can we see it?"

"Of course you can!"

-

Phil walked into school the next day with a bright smile on his face. He just had to survive a little while longer and then he'd be free.

He grew a lot more positive which his family had noticed. Luke's words no longer hurt (as much) which was a big step for Phil since he didn't have much self confidence.

"What's up, loser?" Luke called out, jolting Phil out of his thoughts.

"Actually, not much." Phil replied, sending Luke a happy grin. That day was his day and he was actually certain of that this time.

"Oh yeah?" Luke suddenly shoved Phil backwards. His only retaliation was yet another smile. "What's put you in such a good mood?" Another smile, wider this time.

"I'm moving." Luke's mouth dropped open and he looked more than shocked.

"Why? Where?" Luke's grip on Phil's collar was slowly loosening and his face was gradually softening. He looked a lot less intimidating.

"I- My family- we aren't happy here. We're moving to London."

"Now who am I going to hurt?" Luke chuckled; it was more like he was talking to a friend rather than a victim.

"No one? You shouldn't-"

"I don't need a lecture, thank you."

"You need to stop bullying. It's disgusting."

"I am aware of that."

"Then why do you do it?"

"I'll miss you, Lester." Luke then patted Phil on the shoulder, smiled and walked away.

'That was weird...' Phil thought.

His bully just said he'd miss him...

Things really were getting better and Phil couldn't wait to move.

I didn't edit this. I'm too tired XD