Chapter 3

Hi! This chapter is a bit longer. It's about 920 words I think... so yeah! Getting better at the length, but I don't think the quality is all that good. Sorry about that! 
WELL ENJOY :D 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

Roses.
That is all that had come to mind when her presence had first been made. He didn’t think about who she was, or where she was from, or even what they would do to her.
Just the lovely aroma she brought with her. Roses.

“You know better than to bring her kind in here.”
The man who had thrown her down started laughing. “Why would I care? They ne’er check ‘n on’uz.”
The young girl lifted her head, her emerald eyes finding his. There was something off about her, and Lance knew it.
“Who is this little rose?” he asked suddenly.
The three men turned their attention to him, drawing their weapons. “Why?”
Lance knew he still needed to keep his identity a secret, so he fished into his pocket and took all the gold coins out. “Give me the girl.”
The hungry looks in their eyes could not be mistaken. They wanted to take the money, but were hesitant. But then, who wouldn’t be?
“Why are you so interested?”
He kept his eyes on the fragile little figure cowering on the floor. “A few gold coins are nothing if it means no one will be punished for such an imprudent law.”

The leader of the three motioned with his hand, and his minions followed his instructions, picking the girl up and shoving her towards Lance. “There you go. Have your fun.”
He nodded in response and took her arm brusquely before heading out.
The movement and touch was so simple, and yet something about it sent flares through his body. Her skin was just so warm, and soft. The flesh was flushed, even though it was a cold night, and she was dressed in nothing but a plain night gown.

She was staring at him, her eyes giving off a sense of both vulnerability and fright. She was scared.
And he didn’t blame her. It was a strange place, filled with people who immediately acted violently towards her.
“Th-thank you…” she mumbled as he took a hold of her waist and lifted her up onto the horse. She was so thin and yet her figure was still so perfect and meaty. It seemed like almost the perfect combination.
“What’s your…name?” she asked, stumbling over her own words.
Lance noted to himself how soft her voice was.
“Can…you understand me?” she wondered aloud.
He mounted his horse and stared at her, taking a long look at her face while she had her upper body turned to face him. She didn’t have the perfect features. In fact, her nose was slightly too pointed and her lips were thin, but her eyes were wide and she had a strong yet petite jaw. It was an odd kind of beauty.
“Is it…me? Is…that why you won’t…speak?” she mumbled, her voice getting softer.
You’re alive. I’m not. He thought to himself, trying to keep quiet. He understood the rules, and he wasn’t about to get punished because of one girl.
“I…I…” she stopped, stifled a sigh before she turned back. “I’m Cassandra by the way...Cassandra Randall that is.” She took a deep breath and continued, “I’m sorry I’m not facing you. It’s just hard to concentrate when your eyes are so bright.”
He put his arms around her to reach the reigns, his body leaning in towards her which sent more flares through him. The scent of roses was completely overpowering now, and he realised that it was her long platinum blonde hair that was the source. She must’ve used something special on it.
“Roses.” He whispered.

Cassandra smiled, his soothing voice finding her ears once more.
He must mean my shampoo. She thought to herself.
“Do you like it?” she asked.
He nodded, and she could feel his movement. It was somewhat comforting to her.
“It’s the shampoo I use.” She said, her voice picking up a bit of sound. She wanted him to speak. She needed him to speak.

After finding herself here, she was scared and lost. Then those men had found her also, and god knows what they would have done if he didn’t take her.
But take her where?
She knew nothing about him, and he wasn’t talking. If anything it made her even more uncomfortable, but something about him radiated safety. That’s why she was staring at him when she was thrown into that building. Out of everyone there, she noticed he held himself strong. His back wasn’t slouched.
“So where are you taking me?”
Lance remained silent.

He knew he had to take her somewhere no one would look. He didn’t want to send her back, and he didn’t want to kill her either. He just needed to get his head clear.
“Why won’t you talk?” she asked again. She’d repeated that several times now. He figured she was getting really angry or upset, or maybe neither. Living people were always so hard to tell.
“Please, say something. I won’t tell anyone.”
I won’t tell anyone.
The words replayed as soon as she had finished speaking.
That’s right…who could she tell…and no one is here. He said to himself mentally.
Lance opened his mouth, and spoke out hesitantly as they drew closer to their destination. “Your hair…it reminds me of roses.”
She smiled to herself, although he could not see it. “Yeah, my shampoo is scented.”
“We do not have roses in this world anymore.”
She turned to look at him, feeling more comfortable already. “You mean; they’re extinct?”
He nodded.
“Why?”
“They stopped growing.” 

________________________________________________________________________

And that's a wrap! Chapter 3 guys. :3 Hurraaayyy.... Well I will try to get this updated again soon. Byyyeeee. ^^