Divide and Conquer - Pt. 1

Three gun shots were fired.

Everyone fell into abrupt silence as the handles of the double doors to the office were dramatically shot open, revealing a quite elegant young lady holding her small black gun. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, strands of loose hair waving around in the air conditioned breeze. The young lady took a step into the office, placed her gun into its original belt holder, and continued striding down the hallway. The atmosphere of the large office room returned to normal; printers and computer monitors whirring; people chatting; hot coffee spilling.

"Sorry, Ma'am," panted a young boy behind the lady, holding a mountain load of paper work. "But, it seems as though, well ...how do I put this-"

"Look, Carrick," interrupted the lady. " If you aren't going to tell me what is wrong, don't bother talking to me in the first place." The young lady said as she stopped in her tracks to stare eye to eye with the paper works manager behind her. "Well?" she asked impatiently, raising her right eyebrow.

Carrick quickly pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to the woman in front of him. "Its just that ... well ... we are being forced to nominate a new ruler. This division is being threatened by Division 1."

Lt. Mika stared at the paper that was being handed to her. She took the paper and examined it closely. From the Supreme Leader of Division 1, Mika thought. Just great. Carefully, the Lieutenant folded the paper to fit in her front pocket.

"I will take this in to the conference I am having with our Division's Supreme Leader." Lt. Mika stated, and spun back around to continue on towards her original destination. She neared to the conference room, and stopped at the desk at the entrance of the room. Mika peered over the desk top.

"Agent Thalia!" Mika yelled, seeing as though no one was at the front desk. A smaller lady came out of the storage room behind the desk in a flustered mess. "I need you to- " the Lieutenant started, then looked at the Agent in front of her. "What the heck were you doing in there?"

"I, uh. I was, um, looking for, um." Thalia's tongue gave way, and every word was more slurred than pronounced. Lt. Mika shifted in her place and saw another shadow within the storeroom. Mika, looked back at the mess Agent Thalia was in. "Who did you drag into the storage room this time?" asked the Lieutenant. "Nobody really-" Thalia started as Oscar staggered out.

"Never mind then. Same as last time, Thalia." Mika pointed her index finger at Oscar. "You. Out. Now!" The confused boy ran out of behind the desk, and headed back into the main office area. As he staggered away, Lt. Mika realized a trickle of blood dripping down the side of his neck. Mika disregarded the thought and called after him. "You're fired too!"Oscar's head hung low, and his steps to exit the office became sloppy. Mika drew her gun out again and fired a shot meters behind his heels. The office once again when dead silent. He picked up his pace, racing through the office's double doors. As he exited, the office came back to life. The Lieutenant turned back to Agent Thalia, who was frantically, fixing her dark hair and extreme make-up.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not make-out with the other employees in this business?" Lt. Mika asked, impatiently tapping the gun on her thigh, making sure she didn't accidentally shoot her own foot. Thalia's head hung low, and no answer was heard. It was silent for a few minutes, until Mika broke that silence. She put her gun away, and crossed her arms across her chest. "Get Anthony on the line for me please." Thalia quickly nodded her petite head, then went about clicking away at the computer stationed in front of her. A voice was heard behind the Lieutenant.

"What do you need, Ma'am?" Anthony asked. Lt. Mika spun around startled. "Ah, Anthony. Just the person I need to see." Mika pulled out a to-do-list for her day and handed it to Anthony. "This list has all my lined up interviews and conferences for the day." She put the slip of paper in his hands. "I want you to cancel them all."

Anthony looked puzzled, and stared at the paper which was just handed to him. "But, why, Lieutenant? These are all pretty big meetings." He looked up from the list. Mika collected her thoughts together before speaking. "I'm having a conference meeting with the Supreme Leader of our Division." Lt. Mika walked away from Anthony and right up to Thalia one more. "Badge please, Agent." Mika said, holding out her hand. With wide eyes in shock, Thalia unpinned the badge she wore and handed it to the Lieutenant. Mika, flicked the pin up through the air like a coin to Anthony who caught it with ease.

"Consider taking this promotion," Mika said, turning back to the conference room. "I insist." Lt. Mika continued to the door. As the doors to the conference room opened, Anthony called after the Lieutenant. "Really?" Mika looked back and nodded, then closed the doors behind her.

Anthony turned the badge over and over again, examining the detail on the pin. It was a small, golden pin in the shape of what looked like a fancy 'A'. Looks a lot like the Avengers 'A' if you ask me, thought Anthony. Of course Lt. Mika would have Marvel things around here. He pinned the badge onto the front of his uniform, just as the doors of the conference room re-opened, and Mika was once again revealed. She strolled back out of the room, and stopped right in front of Thalia.

"Yeah, sorry, but, you're fired now, too," Mika said with a small smirk. "If you hurry, you might catch up with Oscar." Thalia pouted her bottom lip, got to her feet and headed out and around the desk she sat behind. She quickly shuffled out of the room, hoping she was quick enough not only to catch Oscar, but escape a near shot from the Lieutenant's gun. Mika turned back around to the newly recruited Agent. "All yours, Anthony," Mika said, and pulled her phone out as it buzzed in the back pocket of her uniform's pants.

As Lt. Mika was occupied on her phone, Agent Anthony took up his new position behind the front desk. He carefully sat on the office chair and started rocking and spinning around. Anthony looked up as Mika shoved her phone back into her trouser's pocket, and continue back into the office room. Anthony raised his feet onto the desk, and sat back, proud of his promotion. "I wouldn't do that if i was you," Mika called back, before slamming the door to the conference room shut. Disappointingly, Anthony lowered his feet, and what to do to start his new job in the business.

* * * * *

In the conference room, only the front two lights shed a dim light, whereas the rest of the room was submerged into darkness . Mika took a seat on the chair at the top of the long, narrow conference table. At the other end of the table, a figure stood from their chair. "How's business, Lieutenant?" asked the shadowy figure as it began to pace around the end of the dark room. Lt. Mika cleared her throat, and began her report.

"It's all going to plan. Our company is doing, uh, quite well."

"What is it Lieutenant?"

Mika's hands fumbled as she hesitantly reached into her pocket to grab the slip of paper she received earlier that morning. She held it up as she spoke. "We, um, got a letter from Division 1," started Lt. Mika, placing the letter on the table in front of her. "The Supreme Leader of this Division requests that you either turn down your leadership position, or force this division into the hands of another leader. It's a lose-lose situation right now."

The shadowy Supreme Leader chuckled. "What makes her think I'll do either?" She looked up at Mika, and spoke.

"I'll look further into this situation, Mika."

The Lieutenant gently bowed her head. "Of course, Supreme Leader."

"How many times do I have to ask," questioned the Supreme Leader. "Call me by my first name. We've been working with one another for over 15 years now. Being your leader doesn't interfere with our friendship." The figure smiled, and relaxed into her office chair. "Leave this all to me. I've burdened you long enough."

"Yes," Lt. Mika said, getting to her feet and opening the door to the conference room. "We will await your command, Lu."

Lu nodded, then, with a wave of her right hand, she disappeared into thin air. Show off, Mika thought, She turned to exit the room, and flicked the light switch off.

Did you like this story chapter?? If so, just tell us! We'll make a proper book of this story if enough people like it!! Thnx for reading!! 

~ Mika