Chapter Twenty

Violet sat beside River, trying to see past all the fog. "I can't see anything past all this stupid fog..." She muttered, "We don't exactly have anything to clear it too."

"Yeah. What are we going to do, because I'm pretty sure Majestic's docks will be close, a good five hours away. I would be unable to see where I would be going and end up crashing into the docks and other ships docked in the harbor." River said, frowning and squinting her eyes as of it would help her see past the thickness.

"Maybe Ciel or Zala could fly and try to show the path? Or shine a light through the fog?" Violet suggested before realizing something, "Wait... This realm doesn't have flashlights." She murmured sadly.

River looked a bit confused when she said something about not having flashlights, but said nothing. "Well, we have lanterns. We could get them to fly in front of the boat while holding the lanterns after lighting up the candle inside of them."

"That's a good idea! Should I go get them?" Violet asked, smiling at the suggestion.

"Go get them. They should be in the kitchen or sitting room, talking to each other." River said.

Violet nodded and walked down the ladder. Just as River had said, Zala, Ciel, and Gildar were sitting around in the main room, having conversations with each other. "Hey, there is a very thick fog out there, so Zala and Ciel, do you think you can light up the lanterns and fly outside to show us the path? River says we would arrive Majestics' harbor and docks in five hours."

"I did notice there was nothing but white outside. Ciel, go get the lanterns, I'll go get the matches." Zala got up and went off to get the matches to light the candles. She returned with a box of them while Ciel had gone to find the lanterns from the survival closet.

"I can't find them!"

"Top shelf..."

"Oh... Got them." Ciel murmured, grinning sheepishly. "Sorry..."

Zala sighed and shook her head, just taking them, setting them down on the table, and opening up the little glass doors. She lit a match up and lit the two candles up. She then closed the little doors and handed a lantern to Ciel. "Alright, let's go." She said as she walked out onto the deck. Ciel followed her and snapped open his wings as he took off and flew in front of the boat while Zala searched for which way to go.

Eventually, the fog cleared up three hours after Zala and Ciel started lead the boat to its destination, so they returned to the deck and had put the lanterns away after blowing out the candle.

They were now docking into the harbor, the warm yet chilly sun out from behind the clouds. They started packing up their gear, food, and clothes from the cabinets and closets.

Violet followed from behind Zala and Gildar, looking around the village of the harbor and noting how friendly they were. She also noticed some skeptical looks and glares directed towards, but she wasn't too worried about that. She knew they would bother to actually attack since she was with what seemed to be the top warriors of Majestic. She gave a tiny smile at them, trying to make it where she seemed harmless and friendly.

"Alright, we will stick around for lunch here before leaving the village to continue on our way to the castle. Oh, and to get Violet some new clothes. She needs them badly." Zala said, frowning as she studied Violet's outfit and seeing how they were getting shorter. "Anyways.... It would take a day to get there since the castle is just close to the coastal."

Violet listened to her and winced when she mentioned her clothes. "Eheh..." She smiled sheepishly.

"I don't see whats wrong with showing her tummy." Ciel chirped.

Crossing Universes (NaNoWriMo13)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara