Chapter Six

Violet skipped into the room, humming happily. She flopped onto her bed and stared up at the bottom of the loft bed over her.

Zala looked up from the book and frowned, sitting up from her bed, slouching to avoid from hitting her head on the ceiling. "What's got you all giddy?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know that little request mission I was talking about?" Violet asked, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Yeah..." Zala drawled questioningly.

"Well, it got accepted! He didn't think of approving it one bit but after I told him my reasons, he agreed to it! Now tomorrow, I begin my training! I know I would have to train constantly to learn everything, but if I don't learn everything, at least I won't be a complete idiot on the battlefield," Violet explained.

"Well then...I still don't think it's a good idea, but I hope to train you and teach you all about the art of stealth with you being so loud," Zala said, nodding and smirking a bit.

"Aw, you'd teach me?" Violet cooed, giggling. She paused for a moment and glared at her, "hey!" She snapped.

She sighed, looking around the room and noticed that River wasn't here. "Hey, where's River? I want to tell her my awesome news!"

Zala's eye twitched in annoyance when she had cooed at her. "She's off to the garden to help the gardeners water the flowers. She should be back soon," she said.

Just as she said that, the said water nymph walked in the door and slowed to a stop when they both looked at her. "...what?" She said, frowning in confusion, "did I do something wrong?"

"Oh, no, you're not! I'm just glad you're here so you can hear my good news!" Violet chirped, bouncing up and down in joy. "My mission to go to the neighboring kingdom! Isn't that great?"

River's blue eyes widened, "what!" She exclaimed, "you're kidding, right? The king would never approve!"

Zala snickered, "I figured that her reaction would be that..." She muttered under her breath.

Violet ignored Zala, "actually, he did approve of it. He is sending a map of the castle later on today and I'm begin my training tomorrow at dawn," she explained.

River sighed in exasperation, "what is King Shoko thinking; sending a unexperienced human out into the world?"

"At least I'm being trained constantly!" Violet retorted.

"Yeah, but that means nothing! It takes weeks, even years!" River argued.

"You told me that already yesterday..."

River huffed and turned away from her, angry. "Whatever... I'm going to the garden again to clear my head; maybe even to the closet lake," she said as she walked towards the door and out.

Violet watched her go and looked at Zala, who seemed to have been watching them the entire time. "She kinda acted like you just now."

"Oh, shut up."

The next morning, it was training day for Victoria. She woke up early, around five in the morning. After she finished getting ready an hour later, she got a bottle, or a leather canteen to be specific, and headed out the door. She had noticed they both River and Zala were gone when she had woke up; maybe they had went to the training rooms before her?

She went through corridors, looking down and using the map she was given yesterday. She stopped when she reached the destination of the stairs that led up to the third level and walked up the stairway.

Once she reached the top, she immediately fell on her butt, giving a small huff from the sudden impact. She rubbed her head and looked up to find out that she had bumped into the boy from yesterday. "Oh hi! Are you okay? Sorry, that I bumped into you!" She exclaimed, getting up and holding out her hand to help him up.