Chapter Thirteen

The next day, Violet felt better and her body wasn't hurting as bad as it was yesterday, which now that she thought about it, her body yesterday felt like it was on fire and she could hardly move. She sat up slowly, wincing when she felt a pang in her side where she was squeezed. She looked up and noticed it was still dark.

"It's around 6 am, an hour before dawn..." A voice called out softly.

Violet perked up when she heard someone and looked around. She noticed a silhouette of a familiar person and smiled. "I guess we woke up extra early since we fell asleep a lot earlier last night?" She whispered, moving over to Ciel and sat beside him.

He smiled. "Yeah... How're feeling? Anything hurting?" He asked, examining her to see if anything was worse or better.

"I don't feel as much pain as before, so that's good. How is your stomach? Worse or better?"

"A bit better, but not as much." Ciel murmured, lifting to show his bruised stomach.

Violet winced at how bruised it was. "Ouch... Think it'll get better soon?" She asked, worried about him.

Ciel looked at her and smiled, noticing how worried she looked. "I'll be fine. It'll be bruised for a week at the least, but the pain should be completely gone by tomorrow."

Violet nodded. "Good. I don't want my friend to be hurt." She said, smiling widely at him.

Ciel smiled back and noticed she was shivering a bit. "Cold?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Violet chuckled, rubbing her arms gently. "Yeah, it is a bit chilly out here, but I'll live." She murmured.

Ciel sighed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, careful not to trigger any pain, before pulling her to his side for warmth. He also wrapped a feathery, black wing around her for extra warmth. He smiled, "Better?" He asked.

Violet blinked and smiled happily, leaning into his side gently. "Yeah..." She murmured, closing her eyes a relishing the warmth of him and his wing. She opened her eyes and looked up at him. "Do you... Mind if I pet your wing...?" She asked carefully.

Ciel chuckled. "I don't mind. Just be careful to go with the feathers instead of away from the feathers." He said, moving it closer to her so she would be able to brush it.

Violet looked at the said wing and gently and carefully ran her fingers along it. It felt warm under her skin and the feathers were extremely soft and comforting. "It feels so... Soft. Warm." She whispered, smiling gently and looking up at him.

He nodded, glad that she liked it. He thought it felt nice, her brushing his feathers ever-so-gently. "Thanks... It felt nice when you did that too." He murmured.

Violet nodded as well and rested her head against his shoulder, yawning. "Tired..." She whispered before she slowly fell asleep.

Ciel looked down when he heard her whisper something and smiled when he found her asleep. He laid her down in his sleeping bag and he laid beside her, keeping her close to him with his wing draped over her like a blanket to still keep her warm. "Have a good sleep then." He murmured, chuckling. He let out a large yawn and he slowly fell asleep a few moments later, comfortable with Violet beside him.

It was now daylight and everyone was up, except the two who fell asleep by each other. River stared down at them with a grin. "Hey Zala. Come look at this." She said, looking up to see Zala coming over.

Zala looked down at them and narrowed her eyes, seeing that Ciel and Violet were asleep; Ciel's arm draped over her just as his wing is and Violet curled up against him. "What the heck?"