Pregnancy Complications Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Niall, my husband. He's in the hallway. The nurses wouldn't let him come back." You said.

"Will you go find her husband and bring him in here for me?" The doctor said as he looked at the nurses.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" The nurse asked questioning the doctor's orders.

"Positive. Please go get him." The doctor said.

"Right away, sir." One of the nurses said before leaving the room to go find Niall for you.

"Can you call up to OB and tell them the situation. Say that we need a bed available stat." The doctor said to the second nurse.

The nurse nodded before exiting the room.

"I need you to stay calm for me okay? The more worked up you get, the harder it's going to be for us to get you stable, okay? Stress can sometimes push women into deliver because your body will just want those babies out."

You nodded as you continued to take deep breaths to keep yourself calm.

A minute later the door opened and you smiled as you saw Niall enter the room.

"Hey princess, how you feeling?" He asked as he walked over to you and took your hand.

"I'm okay." You said.

"Mr. Horan, nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Smith." The doctor said as he extended his hand to Niall.

"Niall, nice to meet you." Niall said as he shook the doctor's hand."Do they know what's going on with her?" He asked as he looked down at you.

"I believe she is having Braxton Hicks Contractions. I am waiting on a call from the OB Department upstairs. I think she will be in better hands up there, and they have an OBGYN on call up there who will take over for me." The doctor said.

"Is she going to have the babies then?" Niall asked worriedly.

"I don't believe so. I think you guys got here soon enough that we can get the contractions under control. Like I was explaining to her Braxton Hicks Contractions aren't true contractions. They are normal to experience during your pregnancy and aren't anything to be alarmed with. But I would like to have a second opinion just to make sure these aren't true labor contractions. These contractions are pretty severe for Braxton Hicks Contractions since she is only 19 weeks along. If she does go into labor we can give her some medicine through an IV to get them stopped. If you could excuse me I'm going to step out and give the staff upstairs a quick call." The doctor said.

He left the room and Niall took a seat in the chair next to the bed.

"You okay?" He asked as he looked over at you.

"I'm just scared."

"I know, baby. But it's going to be okay." He said as he brought your joined hands to his lips and gently kissed the back of your hand.

"I just want them to be healthy and I know if I have them tonight they won't be big enough...." You said.

"Hey, shh! Don't think about that. You heard the doctor. He doesn't think these are labor contractions and if it is they have medicine they can give you to stop the contractions. They are going to stay inside you for a little bit longer so they can get bigger." He said.

"What if they can't get the contractions stopped though?" You asked as you looked at him.

"Then we will figure it out. Just relax, baby. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. We'll get through this together." He said as he gave your hand a gentle squeeze.