Chapter Fifteen: Disaster

Juvia was determined to do something, and as she had finally made it to her feet, the trouble ended up coming straight to her.

“And what does this pathetic girl think she's doing?”

Juvia probably would have cursed if she had the voice to do so. She really didn't want to deal with her right now. She needed to get her bearings back so she could get her Gray-sama back to normal.

However, looking towards Ultear, who was twirling a key in her hand with a smirk on her face, she instantly knew what she was about to do.

Juvia tried to move quickly, jolting towards her and out of the room, however, Ultear slammed the door in her face, literally, while laughing hysterically. Still recovering from the face plant, Juvia reached for the doorknob next, only to find that Ultear had already locked it from the outside.

“Ultear doesn't want the stupid girl to have any ideas about trying to get out and ruin her wedding, so she can just sit tight in there for now.” Ultear said from the other side of the door, a little too much pride in her voice for Juvia’s liking. It was her voice after all.

Juvia tugged on the knob with all of her remaining strength, however, with the terrible amount of pain she was having, that really wasn't much. She heard Ultear’s laugh slowly drift off as she walked away.

Juvia was starting to panic. From the sharp jabs in her feet, to the sword in her gut, and now the pounding in her head, everything just hurt.

However, her determination overlooked those things as she endlessly darted around the room, trying to find something to get out with.

Her answer came in the form of one of her hairpins. She had never picked a lock before, but somehow through her adrenaline, she managed to get it unlocked.

She smiled in victory and slowly opened the door. She was surprised that no one was around. Glancing from left to right, her mind still moving a million miles an hour, she quickly, but quietly, made it down the hall back up to the deck, where she could hear music.

Peeking through the cracked hatch cover, her eyes widened at how late it had gotten. The sun was already about an hour away from completely setting, the sky slowly changing from blue to bright orange and pink. A seemingly perfect setting for a seemingly perfect wedding. Which from the looks of it, was about to take place, Ultear already in her dress, and Gray already by her side in a white suit.

Where had the time gone?

She grit her teeth as her answer came to mind. It was most likely the Spell’s doing, speeding up time to make the story itself more dramatic.

Her heart raced as fear finally started to settle. They had already started! She had to do something, but what? And how?

She sighed with frustration, then wincing as it added too her headache. This was all just terrible. Every single thing about this messed up world, it's spells, and coincidences.

With the pain she was trying hard to endure, her mind quickly tried to think of a way out of this. What could she do to fix it?

Drowning out the pain with her thoughts, she thought back to the original story of The Little Mermaid to try and find an answer on how to fix this mess.

That's when something caught her eye. Around Ultear’s neck was a necklace, much like the one the Sea Witch wore in the story.

Her eyes narrowed, her vision focusing on the object. That was most likely the answer. Now she had to figure out how to get it.

She smirked.

She always wanted to crash Gray's wedding if she didn't end up being the bride.

With that thought in mind, she made her way slowly out of the hatch onto the back deck, where thankfully, was behind all of the people attending the wedding, so she wouldn't be seen easily.