Chapter Two: Lost

As Juvia started to come to, the first thing she noticed was the sound of waves crashing onto the shore. Curiously, she slowly opened her eyes to see the setting sun seemingly fall slowly out of the sky, it's light bouncing off of the ocean as the waves calmly caved into one another. It was a gorgeous sight.

Unfortunately, as Juvia started to sit up in an attempt to capture the view better, a sharp pain came from her gut, causing her limbs to give out, a gasp escaping her lips. She quickly clenched her stomach, shutting her eyes closed and letting a whine leave her mouth.

That's when she realized two very important things.

One: Her body was bare. As in naked. Butt. Naked. If she wasn't in pain at the moment, she would scream in embarrassment and run around in search of something to cover herself up with. Which brings us to the other conclusion...

She tried to say something to confirm her suspicion, only to be met with silence. Though the pain in her gut was subsiding, tears still pricked her eyes. She couldn't speak. Now she couldn't confront Gray about her confession. About why she felt the way she did for him.

What was she going to do..?

Juvia that is not the problem right now! She went from scolding to bracing herself so she could sit up. The pain came back, like suddenly being pierced in the gut by a dagger. She had even prepared herself for it, but every time she moved it felt like a fresh wound.

As a Mage, she was use to getting hurt, but because she is made of water, the girl had never really been cut before. Other than by magic that is. She had a feeling that this was what it would feel like.

Taking a deep breath, gaining courage, Juvia rose her body to where she was on her knees. Taking another deep, shaking breath, she started to stand. Her legs started to shake uncontrollably. So ignoring the pain in her gut, she took a step forward.

She gasped as fresh tears came to her eyes. A new sharp pain came through her feet. As if she had just took a step onto a pile of broken glass. The sudden new wave of pain caused her to scream, not that anything came out, but it made her feel a little better. NOT.

As she fell towards the sandy beach, she thought she had saw a glimpse of someone, but she was much too busy dealing with herself than having to worry if someone else was there in the distance or not.

She tried to get on her hands and knees, but found that her body was much too heavy. In fact, she felt strange. Like her body was more dense than before. After finally getting into a sitting position, ignoring the pain, she tried to use her magic to change her body into water. Only to find that she couldn't feel any kind of magic at all.

Her eyes widened in shock, another gasp came from her mouth before she covered it with her hand. Tears ran down her face. She couldn't use magic....She couldn't use water.

Water was her life.

She couldn't help but cry, feeling pathetic, but at the same time feeling as if she has lost a very important part of herself.

That's when she heard her name being called suddenly. She shot her head up at the voice, recognizing it instantly. She mouthed his name as the Ice Mage ran into view.