Part 5

Ugh... I feel so ashamed at myself. For, now, every time Dan and I meet to do something, all it takes is my eyes catching the slightest glimpse of him for me to suddenly feel warm and cozy, my insides melting to a goopy mush. All of a sudden, no matter what he'd do, it was all absolutely adorable in my eyes. I'd never seen him in such a way. And as ashamed as I feel for falling in love with him in the first place, I also can't help but acknowledge these feelings of which I have for him, just as long as I don't go too far.
     Lately, on the days he decides to visit, I've noticed my love for him growing far more intense with each one that passes. Whenever he arrives seeking comfort to help calm his anxiety and/or depression, I never mind cuddling with him on the couch next to a perfectly lit flame crackling from the fireplace. We'd sit, watching a movie or two, listening to old school music on the record player, or even sit in the quiet darkness with the only sources of light being the burning flame in the fireplace and dimly lit candles scattered about. Surprisingly, he didn't mind my cuddling, probably viewing me as more of a sister figure above all. Hopefully, he'll never view me as anything more than that, despite how overjoyed I'd be. I can only hope; it's for the best.