Chapter One: The First Meeting

*** I decided to add a picture of a real person after I got a few messages asking what I thought or how I pictured everyone would look in real life. So, enjoy~. ***

Clean Freak by JubyPhonic
(Because there's a bit of everyone inside this song^.^)

{Mikhail}

"Mikhail! Hurry! The stupid sink won't turn off! Mikhail!!" I woke up to my dad yelling.

We ran a flower shop downstairs that was connected to our home. It was a shabby little place but it was cozy. It looked a lot better when mom was still alive to manage everything. She died two years ago from cancer. She would always say that the flowers healed her so she spent most of her time at home. The cancer had progressed too far and mom knew she didn't have long to live. Despite that, she would live every day with a smile on her face. When she died, dad and I promised to keep the shop open in her honor.

I got up from the bed and walked to the mirror. My maroon eyes reflected back at me and reminded me constantly of my mothers. I got my black hair from my dad. "Coming!" I yelled back down.

"Hurry up!"

I checked the time on my phone and sighed defeatedly. It was six in the afternoon. I had only meant to take a small nap after school. Lately I've been studying past midnight to get ready for my exams. I hardly have time for myself or my friends. Dylan got angry at me yesterday because I came straight home after school. My friends have been trying to get me to hang out these past couple of days. Apparently, my brain will rot and flow out every hole in my body if I don't take a break.

However, I can't just take a break whenever I want to. I have responsibilities. Aside from my studies, I also have to help out with the shop. If I left everything to my dad he would probably end up killing the flowers and selling our home for booze. Then all of moms hard work would be all for nothing.

I changed quickly into some clothes and tied a green gardening apron around my waist. I took my phone downstairs with me as I pushed my hair around instead of actually making an effort to style it. I jogged down the stairs two at a time until I reached my dad. He was next to the sink trying to get the water to turn off. The handle had been broken for weeks now but we don't have the kind of money to get it fixed. He was wiggling around the handle as if that would magically get it to turn off.

"You're going to make it worse." I sighed and pushed him aside slightly.

He stepped out of my way and smiled at me, "What would I do without you, Mikhail?"

"You would probably drink away your life leaving mom frowning at you from the heavens." I said and opened the bottom cabinets and crouched down to look at the pipes.

"You're so mean to your dad, Miki." He said calling me the pet name he always used when I was younger. I rolled my eyes. I could already picture my dad sulking with his arms thrown over his chest as I focused on the task at hand. I found a small red dial at the pipes and spun it around a couple times. The water stopped and my dad screamed in satisfaction. "Aha! I knew you could do it!"

"We need to call someone to fix it soon." I said standing up and closing the cabinet doors.

"If we had the money." My dad said clapping me on my shoulder as he grabbed the bucket and headed to water some flowers.

"You mean if you would stop wasting all our money on booze then maybe we could get the entire store fixed."

"Miki, you promised you wouldn't yell at me today." He said with a smile on his face. "Your birthday is in two weeks. Where do you want to go? I'll take you out to eat or-"