Chapter 1 (Our Life)

Chapter 1

Our Life

*Derek*

            I wrap a towel around my waist as I climb out of the shower. Beads of water drip from my hair and down my face. I grab a smaller towel and begin to dry my hair as I leave the bathroom. I smile at the sight of my beautiful girlfriend sitting cross-legged on the center of the bed, her light brown hair a tangled halo around her head. She rests her hands in her lap as she smiles at me.

            "Morning." I say as I give my hair one last shake with the towel.

            "Morning." She says, returning my smile as she moves to the edge of the bed. "I snuck in to brush my teeth and was tempted to join you in the shower, but I figured you'd want to be alone after having to share for so long." She stands and my t-shirt from yesterday falls just past her hips. She crosses the space between us and reaches up to wrap her arms around my neck.

            "A shower with my super-hot girlfriend?" I say as I wrap my arms around her waist. "I'd be up for that no matter what."

            I meet my lips with hers and she immediately kisses me back. I pull her closer, feeling the need to have her body flush against mine. I don't know how I survived without being able to touch her. So many times I just wanted break the glass and hold her to me, press my lips against hers and taste her again. I move my lips to her neck and make a trail of kisses, moving the shirt out of the way as I continue across her collar bone.

            I smile against her neck as a moan escapes her lips. I grab the hem of my shirt and lift it over her head before quickly meeting our lips back together. I drop the shirt to the floor and pull her body to mine. My skin feels as if it's on fire as her soft skin touches mine.

            "Derek." Arabella moans, her nails digging into my back causing a groan to escape my lips. Her hands slide down to the towel still wrapped around my waist. She grips onto the towel and pulls, the towel falling to my ankles.

            "Arabella, honey?" A man says, as the bedroom door opens.

            With a loud gasp Arabella pushes me away and I stumble backwards, colliding with the large dresser. She bends down and picks up the shirt, covering her exposed chest.

            Arabella's dad, Mr. Masterson, walks in wearing jeans and a t-shirt. His hair is mostly grey now instead of brown like the last time I saw him. His eyes open wide as he takes in the scene before him. He stares at me, his eyes trained below my waist. I look down and realize I'm still exposed.

"Shit." I mumble before quickly grabbing my towel from the floor and covering myself, my heart racing.

            "Geez Dad!" Arabella exclaims, her face a bright red. "You do realize this is my apartment, right?"

            "I... I uh," He stammers, still standing frozen in the doorway. "I forgot that he was released. I'm sorry. Uh..."

            "Get out dad!" Arabella yells.

            Mr. Masterson turns quickly and leaves, shutting the door behind him. Arabella sits on the edge of the bed, and heaves a sigh. She then begins to laugh and I look at her with furrowed brows.

            "What about that, could possibly have been funny?" I ask.

            "That was totally a replay of what happened the first time we made out in my bedroom." She says. "The look on his face was priceless." She laughs even harder and I can't help but laugh along with her. Only she can make light of a situation that's completely humiliating. "I should really get dressed." She says with a deep breath to calm herself. She stands and gives me a quick kiss before walking into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. I laugh as I hear the faint click of the lock.