Chapter One

Hey guys! so I decided to update a day earlier! I hope you enjoy this chapter and if you do then please vote and don't forget to comment what you feel about it! carry on :)

................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter One 

If you were to stroll down the roads of the Lakewood neighborhood on Christmas morning, you wouldn't help but notice how the houses are witnesses to the wrapped parcels that lie beneath the Christmas trees within. California doesn't have the snow and cold that ushers in the Christmas spirit for most of the United States, but that doesn't stop the people living here to get into the Christmas spirit!

While Christmas is supposed to be the day of happiness, joy and spreading peace and love for everyone, for one person who is right now sitting in her room crying, this day is the day she lost everything.

That person is none other than Skylar Hilton, who is sitting in her room wearing all black clothes not because she likes them but because they symbolize her life now which is full of nothing but darkness. Crying her eyes out because she can't get the thoughts out of her mind. Oh how she wishes she had someone to protect her and be with her right now. You'd think after all these years she would have moved on but some memories don't help us move on even if we try hard to let them go.

There she sits in darkness when everyone has their houses lit up, there she sits hoping for this night to pass on while everyone wants to enjoy it, and there she sits wallowing in her own secrets and her sad past when everyone is dancing away their sadness in some party or another.

Houses, like people hold their secrets. Bounded by four walls, forever protecting the secrets of the families inside them they stand.

On the other end of this neighborhood is another house. This house is not like Skylar's, there is nothing quiet about this house. Right now there is a Christmas party going on inside and if you look closely you can see smiles on everyone's faces.

This is the Scott's house.

People are busy having fun because that's what we are supposed to do on a day like Christmas! There is one person here called Ethan, the oldest of the Scott children. When normally on a day like today he would be at some high school party getting drunk, he is surprisingly here today. He is made to do something most teenager now a days despise, yes he is being made to spend time with his family who in his words are "too over protective and over bearing". There he is standing in a corner with a fake smile on his face with the earphones blasting his favorite song by Twenty One Pilots just hoping for the night to pass on.

Ethan has everything Skylar wishes she had, but even with all their differences there is one thing common about Skylar and Ethan and that is they both want today to be over soon so they can both get on with their lives and stop with the pretend game that everything is fine if it is Christmas.

................................................................................................................................................................

Hey everyone, so I hope you liked this chapter, I know its small but this was just an intro kind of chapter but from next chapters we will have POV's of Ethan and Skylar! Please vote if you liked this chapter! Not to be rude but can I get at least 20 reads and 5 votes on this chapter!? It would mean a lot !

QOTP: DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER?

See you next time! Stay happy!