15

im so sorry i suck at updating i literally can't catch a break

dan fumbled with the keys as you both stood at the front of his flat, itching with anticipation

"...and, we're in! phil's visiting with some relatives, so it's just you and me," he smiled, setting his keys and phone on the countertop.

you stood across from him awkwardly, eyeing the granite island in front of you as he dialed the number for the pizza place. wandering over to the couch, you set your bag down in the corner, plopping yourself beside it. as you took in your surroundings, you noticed an xbox sitting underneath the television with a row of games beside it. you were intrigued, crawling toward it to get a better look. halo 4 was the first game you picked up, the futuristic, dystopian concept catching your eye.

"do you know how to play?" dan asked from the couch behind you, nearly giving you a heart attack.

you flinched suddenly, sighing to yourself when you came to your senses, "nope," you spoke bluntly.

"wanna learn?"

"sure, why not," you chuckled, "but first, why don't i slip into something more comfortable."

dan's eyes widened, but soon returned to normal as he realized you were joking.

"stay out of my underwear drawer!" he called back as you headed upstairs toward his bedroom.

this wasn't very unusual, since you've been here quite a few times. you grabbed one of dan's sweatshirts, as well as a pair of gym shorts he's obviously never worn.

as you skipped back downstairs, you noticed he had started a level without you.

"hey, you found my gym shorts!" he grinned once he noticed you coming back down.

"as if you were looking for them," you snickered, sitting beside him and picking up the controller.

"alright einstein, this button is to move, this one's to turn, then you click this to shoot, this to jump, and then if you hold this one down, you can run," he explained.

"oh god," you muttered to yourself, overwhelmed by the amount of controls.

"prepare to get annihilated, rookie."

it wasn't too difficult for you to master the concept, although there were a few moments where you had to frantically ask dan what to do when u were stuck in a dire situation.

you managed to beat dan in multiple challenges and 1 v 1's, bringing out his competitive side.

"i can't believe it!" he groaned, throwing his controller on the coffee table in front of him, "that has to be beginner's luck!"

suddenly, the doorbell rang, indicating the pizza had arrived.

"you lost, you pay," you smirked, giving dan a hard time.

"you owe me a rematch," he warned as he left his seat.

~ ~ ~

you and dan had later decided to watch a movie, dirty dancing. although this was one of your favorites, you were a bit on end as he wrapped his arm around you as soon as the movie begun; however, you knew deep down you longed for his touch, and soon you were nuzzled into his chest.

as the movie continued throughout the night, you both couldn't seem to stay away from each other. you couldn't believe you had neglected him for so long. he made you feel safe and protected, something you hadn't felt in a long time, since you've always seemed to be independent. he made you feel wanted. he made you feel like a priority, which you loved. overall, he made you feel happy.

it wasn't long before you began to grow tired, the time of my life playing in the background of the film. dan pulled you up closer to him, letting you snuggle into his neck. he gently planted a tiny kiss on your forehead before you drifted happily off to sleep.

ik ik i suck for not updating but ive been busy bc i start school in 3 days fml