Chapter - 19) The Speeding Paradox...

Start bij het begin

I see Barry's shoulders shake so I go to his side. Instead of shying away, he pulls me into a hug and I just let him cry as I soothe him.

He then looks over at his father's casket. "I'm going to find him, and when I do, I'm going to take away from him what he took away from my father..."

That night I just watch Barry looking out the window from the couch. Wondering what's going on through his head. Probably a lot.

"Hey." I look away and see Wally with a plate of food. "Hey." I tuck my leg under my knee and give a sad smile. "I thought maybe you should eat something."

I decline. "I'm not really hungry, but thank you, Wally. Maybe Barry might want some food though." He nods. "Rose, I had no idea you and Barry were The Avenging Angel and The Flash. What you two did for me, all the things you two have done for this whole city... And now this crazy mess with Barry's father and Zoom. I'm so sorry."

"Thank you, Wally, I'm sure Barry appreciate hearing that." I tell him. "If there's anything you need, you just say the word." I nod and watch Wally go and give his condolences to Barry.

Barry then walks to the middle of the room. "Guys, Zoom's still out there. We need to come up with a plan."

"The man can crack open reaches to Earth-2. I mean, if he can do that, what else can he do that we don't know about?" Cisco points out.

"Right after he killed his time remnant, he told me that Rose, was almost ready."

"Almost ready for what?" Iris asks. "I don't know." Barry looks over at me, but I look down at the couch.

I think I know what he means.

"Yup, classic psychopath. Why can't they just say what they want to do? We also have to figure out why I keep vibrating about Earth-2 being ripped to shreds."

"That's scary." I comment to Cisco and he nods. "it's like I'm watching Transformers in 4D, but like 10 times more realistic and with much better acting."

"Look, if you could buy the future, we need to stop Zoom before that happens."

Barry walks over to me. "I'm going to get some air, want to join me?" I nod and my dad asks us if we're OK. "Just going out for some air." I tell him.

We sit on the steps quietly and I feel a small breeze on my arms so I rub them. Barry sees this and offers his jacket. Instead I share it with him and I sigh.

"When I was in the speed force, I felt like, I'd finally come to grips with my mothers death. With knowing now that I could have  at any moment I just fly back in time and save her. But then I was able to accept that what was done was done and accepted that. But now? This just shakes me up, but it's no longer just me, you're involved now Barry, and I am truly sorry. Your father...is now gone. How will your world be at peace? I know mine will never be again." He pulls me close and kisses my hair.

"I don't know, Rose. But I'm sure we'll find a way to cope."

Suddenly a blue streak whizzes past us. Before Barry could run off the porch I was in the air flying after him.

We stop in the middle of the road, and I hover over him. "Thought, I'd give you some time to mourn." He says to me.

"Is this? Between us? It ends now." He shakes his head. "Not yet, there's always more to take, Rose."