Chapter 3 - The Test Subject...Trial & Error

•Rose's Pov•

The wings are gone and I'm in no rush what so ever to have them reappear again.

I walk into S.T.A.R. Labs not knowing what to expect.

"Um hello. How may I help you?" A woman with red hair says as she gives me a questioning look.

"Um, a friend of mine, Barry Allen? He was here a few hours ago and I was just wondering if you could help me with something."

"Sure, I'm Dr. Snow and you are?" She asks as she shakes my hand.

"I'm Ro-"

"Rose West." A males voice interrupts me. I turn and see a man in a fancy wheel chair.

Why is he looking at me like that?

I look back at Dr. Snow. "I apologize for not knowing who you are sooner. Your sister, Iris. She came by quite frequently to visit Barry. And before I continue this is Dr. Wells." She says as she looks over at the man in the wheel chair.

I offer my hand and he shakes it. "I hear that you took care of Barry. Thank you."

"My pleasure, Miss West. So how may we help?" I let his hand go and look at Dr. Snow.

"Actually I was just wondering if I could talk to Dr. Snow alone. It's nothing against you, its just a woman issue an-" He raises his hands in the air to stop me.

"Say no more, I have some paper work to look over. Caitlin if you need me I'll be in my office."

He leaves out and I can't help but feel something is off about him.

"What can I help you with?" She asks.

"I, wanted to know if um Barry was going through some strange changes? You know like side effects from the particle accelerator explosion?"

"What do you mean?" She says as she looks down at her clip board.

I place my hand on the board and she looks at me.

"Because..." I gulp.

"Because, something strange is happening to me. Well it did.."

"Come with me." She says abruptly. She turns on her heel and I follow.

She leads me into a room and she tells me to sit down in the chair.

"I'm going to need you to urinate in this." She says and she waves a cup in my face.

I grimace and move her hand.

"I'm not comfortable doing that. Like can't you take a hair sample or use this?" I take the feather out of my pocket and hand it to her.

"I guess this will do." She accepts the feather and places it on a table beside us.

"I'm going to conduct a few tests. I want to test your strength, your flexibility, your reflexes and body function."

All I do is nod and she takes out a stethoscope.

"Deep breath."

"Oh! That's cold."

"Sorry about that." She keeps a straight face and listens to my heart.

"You don't smile much huh?" I ask just to keep up small talk.

She removes the stethoscope from her ears. "My career as a bioengineer is over, my boss will never walk again and my fiancé was killed by the same particle accelerator that caused the lightening that had hit you and Barry. So I'm sorry but I don't think smiling is appropriate right now."