six - dinner for two

QUIET MURMURS FILL THE warm presence of his home as Jaebum enters the apartment. He knew about the dinner Youngjae planned with all of their friends. But Jaebum had other things to tend to.

He follows the sounds and enters the kitchen, seeing Youngjae washing the dishes. The dark haired boy didn't notice Jaebum's entrance and continues to do the chore. Jaebum smiles at the diligent worker and walks up to him. His hands rest on the boys shoulders, startling him.

"Yah! Jaebum, you scared me." He exclaims with a large grin, trying to control his laughter. Jaebum smiles wide, creases ageing by his eyes.

"Jaebum-hyung?" Yugyeom calls from the living room where the other five friends sit watching a movie. Jaebum presses a finger against his lips hoping his loud friend won't tell the others that he's here. Even though his cover was blown by Youngjae's outburst.

Youngjae nods, "Why are you late?" He whispers, "Your food is in the microwave." He continues, pointing at the appliance.

Jaebum collects his food and grabs a fork from a drawer, beginning to eat. Youngjae takes this opportunity to finish the dishes -- planning to sit with Jaebum while he eats so he isn't lonely. Despite the fact that he is a little worried and annoyed at how late Jaebum came home.

"I was late, because work got me to do some overtime. Sorry." Jaebum explains once Youngjae wipes his wet hands. The older boy watches as he sits next to him, smiling down at the half eaten food, "Are you still hungry?" Jaebum asks scooping a mouthful of some meat.

Youngjae shakes his head watching as Jaebum slowly moves the fork to his lips. Youngjae presses his lips firmly together refusing the food, "Youngjae." Jaebum says not having his childish play. Youngjae sighs opening his mouth and accepting the food.

Jaebum smiles, he knows their friends are in the other room but he's enjoying Youngjae's company. He always enjoys his company.

-----

gonna double update today bc it's been ages since i last updated