VI

Spencer slipped on his bulletproof vest, before he cleaned and loaded his gun. The SWAT team was ready to go in for the takedown, but Reid had been preoccupied as he planned it out with Hotch. Speaking of their team leader, he stood in front of the room to explain the situation and the suspect to everyone.

"Alright, Reid, you go with Morgan through the front door. I want Reid on point, Morgan. He knows Swanson's family story better than any of us. Blake, you and I are going through the back. Rossi, JJ, go through the side. I want every inch of his property searched and documented, understood?"

"Yes sir." Everyone in the room muttered. They all stood up, grabbing their things so that they could head out. Spencer had just made it out to the car when his phone buzzed loudly. he glanced at it, and picked it up, speaking lowly into the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Be safe." The voice on the other side said softly. The line went dead, but he smiled softly.

"Reid!" Morgan said. Reid shoved his phone back in his pocket, running towards the car. He hopped in next to Morgan, And Hotch pulled out of the parking lot.

"We need to be careful." He instructed. "Suspects like these are goal oriented and aggressive. Chances are, he'll go out shooting."

"Its a chance we'll have to take." Blake said solemnly. A great ringing filled the car as Derek's phone went off. He quickly accepted the call.

"Hey Baby Girl, what is it?"

"A missing person's report was just filed.  Ten year old Gina Lopez went missing just outside of Savannah. Broad daylight, right in front of her parents. So, I dug around; Gina Lopez is the last direct descendent of Matthew Potter in the state! Also, nearby and just before the abduction, four horses were stolen from a local ranch." Spencer gaped.

"Oh my god! He's recreating Grevay's murder!" He looked up at the rest of the team. "He's going to have her drawn and quartered." The whole team exchanged looks of horror and disgust.

"Step on it, Hotch." Immediately, the car sped forward, easily doing 80 in a 40 mile per hour zone. he flashed his lights, and cars began going off the road as Hotch and SWAT continued to head for Swanson's ranch. As soon as they pulled up the gravel driveway, they heard a little girl scream in agony.

"That's Gina. Move!"

"Around back, Reid, I want you to take point." Reid nodded as he and the rest of the team moved slowly to the back of the house.

"Please! It hurts!" Gina sobbed.

"Shut up." A reedy male voice snapped at her. Spencer turned the corner, and went pale at what he saw.

The tiny girl had been stripped completely naked. Her body showed massive bruising and blood loss, as well as whip marks and what appeared to be a dislocated shoulder. She was in a huge amount of pain; that much showed from her face.

"Move in!" He whispered, beckoning to the rest of the team. They moved around the side, and spencer could see everything clearer. They were in a tiny corral, and all of Gina's limbs were tied to the saddles of four horses. A black man, who Reid recognized instantly as Greg Swanson, stood behind the horse tied to her right leg, poised to strike the animal with a riding crop. Spencer wasn't very good being a team leader, but he knew that this time, he was the only one that could save the situation. If the horse tore one of her limbs off, she could bleed out in seconds due to her rapid heart rate.

"Gregory Swanson, put the riding crop down!" He ordered.

"Under whose authority?" Greg asked after a second.