Chapter Three

Edward's POV

"It's because she's six" Alice said with an eye roll. "What else could it be? It's not like she doesn't think at all!"

We been having this discussion ever since we got home and I said that I couldn't hear Bella's thoughts , Alice was convinced that I was overacting, but I could hear the minds of Infants and I could certainly hear the minds of six year olds prodigy or not. Emmett was laughing his head off and kept putting little comments in here and there. He thought it was hilarious.

"Alice....." I began as I again

"Don't you Alice me Edward Cullen" she said from across the dining table "for goodness sake get over it!"

I sighed. There was rarely any point with arguing with Alice. She would have given up by now if she hadn't seen a vision of Bella turning down their shopping trip this weekend, she was totally convinced that I had convinced her not to. I fact she wouldn't have even started to fight if that never happened

Alice and her clothes, nothing got between them.

I stopped worrying about why I could hear what Bella was thinking; there was something wrong with her or me. Maybe it was because she was a prodigy, it like the most logical answer But for now I was curious about what she was thinking, what was she thought about going to high school, what she thought of Alice, what she thought of me.

Then a very stupid idea wormed its way into my thoughts.

I walked out to the backyard, pretending to go out there for no reason. It was nearing eight o'clock now, and the sun was setting. Making the sky a light pink and orange. I started walking I knew where I wanted to go but didn't decide to go there. I learnt how to not decide fully so Alice would not see me doing it. But I would have helped to know the outcome. This that would most likely result in us moving again if it went wrong and there was a chance (a very small one) it wouldn't.

I walked through the forest,

I was at the highway now, I stayed close enough to see the cars but for them not to see me.

Then I was sprinting. Alice would have seen me now but I was too far away for her to stop me. I was at Forks in a couple of minutes; I neared the school a few seconds after. The good thing about Forks is it's surrounded by trees so I could stay hidden. I smelt her scent out of the many others that were surrounding the building. I followed it; she lived on the outskirts of town.

There were no lights on in the house except for a little flash in the front room upstairs. It was Bella's room, it had pink cushions on the window seat and a teddy bear which looked sort of handmade, Bella probably made it. I was about to jump up when my phone buzzed, I didn't have check the caller id to know it was Alice. I turned it onto silent and jumped through the open window, land light on the carpet of Bella's bedroom.

She was asleep but she had a book in her lap and a torch in her hand. Next to her was a pen. It didn't take me long to notice the book on her lap was a diary. Quietly I moved over to the bed. And slowly so I didn't wake her up, I took the book and flipped through the page happy to finally unearth what was going on in her head.

Dear Diary

Today I had my first day at high school. It was ok though dairy because I knew Angela but her friend Jessica was mean. I think Angie has a crush on Ben a guy in my history class because she kept trying to talk to him. Angela was really nice and some of her friends were ok, like mike he thought I was funny.

Having Angela there was not the best part of the day dairy I made other friends too. There was a beautiful girl called Alice she looked like Tinkerbelle. Yes dairy her name was Alice, I'm sure I've told you before but my favourite book is Alice in wonderland. She talked to me lots and she treated me like an adult not a little girl. It made feel a little grown up dairy. Because everyone else was treating like I was special and they kept smiling and calling me cute.