Day 18

"May I call someone?" I asked Dr Davids at the beginning of our session. "I will be listening in on your end." He said raising his eyebrow. "I have nothing to hide, and I got over the fact that I get no privacy a week ago." I said.

"Who do you want to reach out to?" He asked. "Cathy, my best friend." I answered. He handed me the landline and I keyed in her number. The phone rang for a bit before I heard the voice that always used to calm me down.

"Helllooo." She said sounding a bit tipsy. "Cat it's me, Emily." I said quietly hoping she wouldn't shun me. "Oh hey- shut up- hey Em." She called out. "I'm on the phone, just hold on it'll be quick." She said. "Em, I love you. You know I would never ever intentionally hurt you but babe my parents said I shouldn't be talking to you. I'm so- stop." She giggled at the end. "Bye Em, I love you and wish you all the best."

She hung up the phone before I could say anything. "No Cat, don't worry about me. I'm fine, I'll get out soon. I'm innocent, I know I don't have to tell you cause you know me better than anyone else. I love you with everything in me, I'm glad to know I can rely on you for sanity and comfort. I miss you." I said, my words falling on deaf ears and a dial tone.

"Dr Davids can I please skip my session today?" I asked, getting up not waiting for an answer I left. After making it to my room I collapsed on my bed. The tears streaming down my face, she was supposed to be my best friend. My rock. I felt angry because she never listened to what her parents said about not seeing certain boys so why couldn't she do that for me.

I shoved my face into the pillow, I screamed with everything in me. Tears still streaming from my eyes I threw the pillow across the room, the book was next and then the blanket followed by the mattress, everything else was bolted down.

Eric came into the room after my outburst, but I wasn't done. I grabbed him by the collar, "Where the hell do I know you from?! Your eyes. Your eyes." I yelled. He gently took my hands off his collar, "This asylum is driving you crazy." Was all he simply said before letting go of me completely.

He picked up my mattress and put it back on the bed frame. He then picked up the pillow and blanket. "Emily don't let this place get to you." He said making me sit on my bed.

He placed a kiss on my forehead. He bent down to my level and looked into my eyes. "Do you need to talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head as I felt more tears forming. He lay himself on my bed and he pulled me towards him. I rested my head on his chest as I cried. He stroked my head, running his fingers through my hair and I felt calm.