"Look at the size of her! She's gigantic!" I heard Draco say from down the table. His friends laughed with him, but everyone else on the Slytherin table, including me, just stared at him with a blank expression. Dumbledore kissed her hand and then went back to his speech.

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang...and their high master, Igor Karkaroff."

The men came in and to be honest they looked like Russian monks. With their fur hats and dull clothes, not to mention that most of them were bold.But they were strong and bulky, attractive in any woman's eyes, including mine. Krum came in and made eyes with Hermione, who was basically glaring at him.

"Albus." Igor greeted. Dumbledore greeted back: "Igor."

After I had ate a filling meal, another group of men came in and placed a large object at the front. I had no clue what it was, but I had a feeling we were about to find out.

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore shouted as he walked up to the thing. "I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this...we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mister Bartemius Crouch."

"Oh, God. Why him?" I grumbled under my breath and slouched in my seat. The man came out with his horrible looking face. Lightning suddenly started outside and I couldn't have asked for a better timing. The ceiling started to rain and students screamed. A man with a fake eye got out his wand and stopped it. It was Mad-eye Moody, Snape had told me about him being the new defence against the dark arts teacher.

He walked down the steps and seemed to lock eyes with me before looking at Harry Potter. Dumbledore went up to him and greeted him with a handshake. Moody drank from a vial before turning to everyone. Surely he's not allowed to drink alcohol whilst working? Crouch came to the front.

"After due consideration...the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final."

Students started to detest. I would have too, but I became seventeen just a day before. Legally allowed to participate, but it doesn't mean I was putting my name in.

"That's rubbish! That's rubbish, you don't know what you're doing!" Fred Weasely shouted from the Griffindor table.

"Silence!" Albus shouted and immediately, everyone quieted down. Dumbledore then used his wand to lower the curtain that was hiding the object from view. A cup, or more so a goblet, was revealed to everyone's eyes. A blue flame then came out of it.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment an throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun." He explained.

Later that night, I went to the kitchens to have a drink before I went to bed in my new room. I no longer needed to live in the cottage even though it was an option. But as I made my way back, I spotted Igor Karkaroff sneaking into the room that held the Goblet of Fire. He closed the door behind him and after a few seconds, I opened it again slightly to see what he was doing.

He walked up to it and put in two enchanted pieces of paper. The flame became bigger and he smiled in satisfaction. Igor then began to turn so I quietly shut the door and hid behind a pillar. Luckily, he walked straight passed me, not even noticing I was there and I sighed in relief. Then, I went straight back to the Slytherin common room to get to my quarters and went to bed.