CHAPTER 5

"Well, who do we have here?" Sean asked eyeing the girl while Noah's hand rested protectively on her shoulder.

Instead of answering, the girl's eyes focused on Salem. He felt like he was being studied, he never knew how piercing her stare was until now. After a while, her gaze softened and she smiled.

"You're the guy from the bus." She said, "Salem right?"

"Wait." Noah interjected, "So she's the girl  you were talking about?"

Salem and the girl looked at each other and laughed a little. Her laugh made her a look a bit cuter than before. Even if she wasn't blonde.

"I guess she is." He answered, but quickly added, "But I didn't know she was your girlfriend."

Now it was their turn to look at each other. The girl shook her head and smiled earnestly at them, "Noah's not my boyfriend. He's my brother."

Noah looked at her funny, "I'm your older brother."

The girl rolled her eyes, "You're my twin brother. Don't get so full of yourself."

"Well. That was...unexpected." Sean said with a laugh. He then looked at his watch. "Ouch. Well, I'm running late. You guys can go on and have dinner without me, just make sure you guys get back to your dorms on time. Curfew is on 9:30, on the dot. I'll come pick you up tomorrow for the orientation."

With that, he left the trio and raced out the commons.

"So you're Noah's roommate huh? What a coincidence."

"Yeah, a coincidence. Hey, I uh never got your name." Salem asked the girl when they finally got in line at the buffet.

"It's Miranda. But you can call me Mira."

"Cool." Salem answered with a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you then, Mira."

Once they got their food, which comprises of a huge chunk of stake, mash potatoes and green peas, with some salad, they practically owned the table near the window. Outside, the sun was already setting and they sky was blotched with purple, orange and a few streaks of blue.

During their meal, the three of them talked and Salem got to know more about the twins. As it turns out, they both go to different schools for some reason, and agreed to just meet up at campus for the school's program.

"I was waiting for Noah at the gates this morning, but he never came." Mira said, "He didn't even answer my calls, so I assumed he was running late. As usual."

"So that's why you stayed behind."

"Yep."

Noah looked like he was going to say something, but he took a sip of cherry coke first. "In my defence, I was following a lead for our latest story."

Salem quirked his eyebrow, "Story?"

"Yeah. You remember those notebooks back at the dorm? Well, they're drafts for the stories that we make."

Mira nodded, "Me and my brother usually collaborate on our stories. It comes out better that way. Although we mostly do our collaboration through email, which is pretty hard to tell you honestly."

"So you guys ever get published?"

"Well, we have a few books on Wattpad. But that's mostly it. We just started a year ago." She then took a bite of her food and then started to put the green peas on Noah's plate, which he didn't seem to mind. She then turned to Noah with an expectant look on her face, "So, tell us about your lead. Is it any good? Please tell me it is, I'm getting a bit tired of writing romance."