Chapter 1

Lilac. A simple name for a simple girl. She, her Mother and her Father live in a simple house in a simple town named "Rosebrooke".

Lilac was doing what she usually did on Sundays. Church. Her and her family sat at their usual pew. Right in the damn front. She was bored of out her mind. She absent mindedly played with the hem of her dress. Her all white dress was long enough to cover her knees and high enough to cover her entire chest up to her collar bones. It was all white with flowers sprinkled down it. And what color were the flowers? Lilac of course. Just like the wallpaper in her room, her bed sheets, her pillow cases, and all the wrapping paper on every present she'd every received. She hated the color. It was so bland. A color that never really stood out to her. A color that seemed to be a symbol for her life. Nothing special.

She was taken away from her thoughts as the priest smiled in her direction. She smiled mechanically at the priest and then went back to fiddling with the ends of her dress. That's when she felt something. A small tug. So small you could barely feel it but strong enough to know it was there. She felt like someone was watching her. Her heart began to quicken. She should be calm. She was in the middle of a church for goodness sake she knew that she would be fine if anything were to happen but something told her she needed to get out of there.

"Sweet heart are you alright? You look flustered." Lilac's mother asked as she took her hand.

"Yeah.. I .. I just have a head ache. Can I go mommy? I promise I'll pray twice as long tonight I just have to leave." Lilac begged. Her mother nodded her head and kissed her on the forehead.

"Okay sweetie. Get some rest. I'll be home in about an hour or two." She said.

Lilac nodded and gave her mother a small smile before quickly and quietly making her way through the pew filled with people to the open door. That's when she felt the tug again. It felt like it was pulling her chin to look right. Right when she walked out past the Church doorway she looked to her right and saw nothing. Nothing but Mr. Hedling's bakery. She shrugged her shoulders and kept walking.

Her heart rate had slowed and she felt much better half way through her walk back to her house. She knew she would. She just wanted to leave. And lying to her mother always felt refreshing. She knew that sounded bad but she did it not so she could smoke cocaine or do something awful. She just enjoyed the slight thrill of lying. Her mother always believed her 100% no matter what she said. Sometimes she'd lie to her mom and say she was going to the library and end up just sitting on the roof of her house.. Just to be alone to think. She didn't want to go home. She didn't feel like it. Home would mean her bedroom and her bedroom would mean looking at that terrible wall paper again. She took a turn right before her street and decided to go to one of her favorite placed to lurk. The old train tracks.

The old train tracks were scary. The tracks themselves were rusty, The trees had grown over them and covered the top leaving a dark shadow over it no matter how sunny it was, and when the wind hit the leaves just right they made a sort of "oooooo" sound. Lilac loved it there. It was just the place for a movie. A places you'd only read about in fairytales. She didn't find it scary at all. She thought it was enchanting. She would sometimes just sit on the tracks and look around imagining all the stories that could've been made there. All the history.

She made it to the tracks and sat down under the huge oak tree, So wide you couldn't wrap your arms around it. She rested her head against the bark and shut her eyes. She hated her life. It was all written out for her. Everything. She'd attend the best colleges, get the best jobs, have the best kids and die the best. She didn't want any of that. She didn't want to play it safe. She'd been doing that all her life. She wanted a change. A big one. One she'd write about in her diary and circle the date. She wanted a change that would alter who she was as a person forever. Anything so long as it was different.

She sighed as all the thoughts about the future, or lack there of, swirled through her mind. She almost drifted to sleep when she felt something.

That tug.