Books, Dates, and Regrets

I changed into a gray Cami with a black button up on top. I wore ripped jeans and high tops before I went out the door.

"Now I'm ready to go.", I said.

Bethany smiled and we left my apartment.

***************

Bethany and I walked into the bookstore and she went in her own direction leaving me just standing there.

I wandered off to another section. It was larger than any library section I'd ever seen.

I looked up at a book. It dawned on me that I knew it. I read it in grade school. Stood on my toes and tried to reach it.

As I was giving up, a hand came from behind me and took it down. I turn and see Dylan standing there.

"Gathering Blue.", he read. "Never heard of it."

"I read it when I was younger."

"Good storyline I'm guessing.' He handed me the book.

"Yes. Very."

I set the book down and walked off.

"Something wrong?"

"No. Not at all."

************

I walked around until I found Bethany. She was browsing books as I saw Thomas staring at her.

"Hey there Romeo.", I said.

He turned around.

"H-hey. I didn't expect you to see me."

"Later then."

I walked up to Bethany.

"Hey?"

"Hey? What's up?", she asked.

"Nothing. I just spoke to your secret admirer."

She stopped browsing and looked at me. "What did you just say?"

"Nothing. Wanna go watch a movie? It's getting kind of boring looking at books."

"Sure."

She rolled her eyes but soon followed me out of the store.

****************

We walked down the sidewalk until we reached the theater. As we walked, it felt as if we were being watched. Followed even. I shrugged it off as a nerve and we entered the theater.

"There's nothing good playing.", Bethany moaned. "Why don't we go to your place and watch a movie there?"

I agreed and we turned to walk out. She walked ahead of me so when two familiar faces came through the entrance, she didn't notice.

Dylan gave me a smile and a small wave. Instead of smiling back or making any contact at all, I just looked down and smiled. Dylan O'Brien was showing interest in me. This is the best day of my life.

************

Bethany and I arrived at my apartment and she automatically said she was going to get food while I pick a movie. I nodded and let her leave.

About half an hour later, she returns with food and I have a movie picked out for us. We both changed into some comfortable clothing, she decided to wear a long Harry Potter shirt that went to her knees and a pair of short shorts and I went with a tank top and pajama pants, and we were ready to watch the film. As I was putting the movie in, there was a knock on the door.

I looked at Bethany.

"Take your time.", she said. She picked up a book she had bought and begun reading.

I went to answer the door and saw Dylan and Thomas there.

"Hey, guys. What are you doing here?", I asked. I could hear the nervousness in my own voice.

"We wanted to make sure you were alright. The two of you left pretty early.", Dylan said, worried.

"We're fine. We thought it was better to watch a movie at home for free instead of paying money for one that might not even be good."

"Well. Looks like we'll leave you then."

They turned and began walking away.

"Wait.", I said. They stopped and turned and rushed inside. "Why Beth? Is it alright if we let one or two people crash our girls' night?"

"Sure.", she moaned.

I ran back to the guys. "C'mon in."

I walked them back into this living room where Bethany was and grabbed two bean bag chairs from a corner.

"One of them is mine. Whichever one of you wants it can have it.", I said.

Dylan walked over and plopped down on one of the bean bag chairs.

Thomas awkwardly sat next to Bethany who still had her nose in her book.

I put the movie in and sat on my bean bag. Bethany put her book down and began watching the movie.

"You sly dog.", Bethany bickers.

"What is it?", I ask. I turn around to face her.

"We haven't watched Case 39 since we were kids."

I turned back around.

About fifteen minutes into the movie, I stood up.

"I'm gonna go make some popcorn." And I walked into the kitchen.

Dylan stood up and followed.

"Thomas and Bethany make a cute couple. Don't you think?"

He nodded but made no response.

I handed him a bunch of bags of popcorn.

"Start opening them."

"You got it."

He went to one of my counters and began opening them.

I began getting drinks and other food pieces to take in there. He would put a bag of popcorn in the microwave one after another.

When all the popcorn was popped, I brought out two big bowls. We started pouring the popcorn into making each bowl have about three bags.

I turned around and Dylan and I both took a bowl and headed back to the living room.

What we saw in there was completely unexpected.

Bethany's POV

I put my book down as movie began. I saw two men sitting in the same room as Emma and I but it took me a second to figure out who they were.

Sitting on a bean bag chair next to Emma was Dylan O'Brien. But next to me was Thomas frikin Sangster.

A little while later, Emma and Dylan went into the kitchen and Thomas and me alone in the living room. I thought it was better to stay silent. Then he spoke up.

"Hello there.", he said.

"Hello.", I responded. I didn't make eye contact.

In fact, I didn't make eye contact until he stood up and sat back down a little closer to me. He was centimeters away from me and my breath was caught in my throat.

I glanced up at him but was cut short when he smashed his lips into mine.

They were rough but not unpleasant feeling.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and lay down on the couch. He followed my motions and laid down. He played on top of me but kept his weight easy.