Chapter 2

I was sat in my sixth period with my eyes fixated on the clock waiting for the final bell to go off. All is wanted to do was go home and watch Netflix for the rest of the evening. Get away from all the grumpy teachers, the walking walls and one person in particular Matt.

I didn't want to be anywhere near him. Just being in the same building as him made me feel nauseous. I mean why would they even let him come back to the school for goodness sake! He's a murderer and was in prison.  I honestly don't know what was going through the principals head.

The ring of the bell distracted me from my thoughts and I jumped up and rushed out the classroom door heading straight for my locker. When I reached my locker I emptied my books into it but just as I was finishing I felt someone's gaze on my back. I slammed my locker shut and quickly headed for the car park scared to even look if anyone was there. I fast walked down the corridor still feeling on edge and flew through the door leading to my car. I practically ran straight to my car and got several weird looks from other students but I didn't really care I just wanted to be in the safety of my car.
I reached my car and began to get out my keys until I heard my name being called. I looked to see who the voice belonged to and realised it was just Ella. I sighed in relief.

"Bonnie!" She breathed heavily. 

"What's wrong Ella?" I said, confused as to why she had just run after me.

"Well you're giving me a lift home remember? I saw you at your locker but then you sprinted straight out of the building before I could even call you." she explained. She still looked out of breath showing she really had to run to catch up with me.

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot" I said distractedly whilst looking at the many people in the car park. I still felt edgy and wanted nothing more than to get in my car now.

"Don't worry it's fine..." said Ella looking concerned whilst studying my face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, lets just go" I mumbled and climbed into my car. As soon as I felt the comforting leather seats I relaxed and started the car. I looked over to Ella who was still studying me and sighed.

"Ella don't worry I'm fine, just want to get home I have loads of work to catch up on" I said, hoping she'd just leave it. She seemed a bit more satisfied after my explanation and we headed home.

*************************************
I dropped Ella off and made my way home. As I drove questions swirled around in my head. Why was Matt back? Why did Hunter not drop me and be the horrible human that I knew he was? And what the hell was that that happened in the car park?! Realising I had actually reached my house and was just sat in my car, I climbed out and refused to think about it anymore.

Just as I came through the door my phone buzzed, I pulled it out of my back pocket and saw Jake's name on the screen.

Hey Bonnie, the gym is free  for the rest of the evening, you up for it? ~ J

Jake was my neighbour until 6 months ago when he moved 30 minutes away from town. He didn't move that far away but we used to spend all our time together when we were younger. Before he moved he made me promise that we'll meet frequently and he thought that bonding in the gym would be the perfect place. Yes the gym. At first I was not for that idea at all but now going to the gym has become some sort of routine that helps me let off some steam.

Knowing I definitely needed to let off some steam after today I quickly replied a yes and got changed into a sports bra and sweats and threw on a jacket. I tied my long hair into a high ponytail and made my way to the gym.

As I reached the familiar large grey building I went through the door and went straight towards the gym. Walking into the room, there was only one guy in there with his back faced to me as he ran on the treadmill. I ignored him, plugged in my headphones to my phone and warmed up on the cross trainer.

After about 10 minutes of exercising  Jake came strolling into the room, his gym bag slung over his shoulder and a grin lazily spread on his face. He stood at 6 ft 1 with sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He was actually very good looking but I was never attracted to him. He was basically like a brother to me.

As if he had just noticed my presence he dropped his bag and ran over to me, only to pull me in a bone crushing hug.

"Bonnie!! I haven't seen you in so long" he said with his arms still wrapped around me.

"Jake you saw me two days ago" I laughed whilst trying to get out of his tight embrace.

"Two days too long" he mumbled in to my hair and then finally let go of me.

"Drama queen" I said to myself but his laugh that followed told me that he had heard that. "Come on Jake you were late so we need to get started" I said abruptly wanting to not waste anymore time.

"Fineeeeee" he dragged out. "I guess we could"

I shook my head at his childishness and got to work. Even though he was two years older than me sometimes he could act like a ten year old.

"Ughhhhhhh Jakeeeee can we stop now? I think I'm dying" I whined as I sprawled onto the floor. We had been working non-stop for the past two hours.

Jake stood above me as I was lying on the floor in pain, my abs throbbing every time I breathed. He chuckled to himself and came and laid beside me.

"Awh come on Bon, just 10 more minutes" he asked giving me his puppy dog eyes.

"No Jake. I'm leaving, you can stay if you want but if i stay for 1 more minute you'll have to scrape my body off the floor" as soon as I said this Jake grabbed me off the floor and slung me over his shoulder.

"Well now that I've scraped you off the floor, shall we get to work?" He questioned smugly, even though I couldn't see his face I knew he was smirking.

"No!" I shouted "Put me down" I wriggled, trying to get out of his grip.

He gave a dramatic sigh and stood for another 30 seconds before putting me down. As soon as my feet touched the floor I grabbed my jacket and car keys and headed for the door. My body ached and all I wanted was to curl up in a blanket and watch a film.

"Wait Bonnie, I'll walk you to your car" he said as he ran up and walked beside me.

I nodded an okay and we walked in a comfortable silence. When we finally got to my car I gave him a quick thank you and hugged him, he eagerly returned the hug and said goodbye.

*************************************
Sorry my account got hacked and for ages I couldn't find or carry on writing my book, I hope you enjoy this chapter and there will be more to come soon.

Read, vote and comment ❤️