Survivors Hardships

As the rain dried up dead horses were removed. Trailer loads after trailer loads.

Something that goes unnoticed by the news is how many animals are affected in these type of storms. How many dogs, cats, and other animals become lost. How many become dead or frightened and unable to find their owners. Most unable to survive since their owners had abandoned them, sometimes unintentionally.

The three survivors were moved to another town...unfortanly their owners passed due to flood.

The future of these horses were far from known. Questions arise between the town. "What will we do with these horses?" "Who will take them in?" As questions spread the three now homeless horses are sent off to a little town in texas and put in grass pasture until further notice.

Two months passed an a owner was finnally found. For the disaster wasn't over yet and many people didn't want another mouth to feed. Let alone three. The damage of this storm might not be fixed and the town may not be restored for another 2 to 3 years. Long time. At the state this storm left this horse country town...it will certainly be in that time possibly even longer.

The new owner lived in Kentucky. A far cry from the south they once new. For drought was not an issue over there as green grass rolled at every mile and every track. Tons of pastures filled with horses. A true home for a horse lover. A dream come true.

For the pregnant mare her journey was far from close to being completed. As for the other 2...a gelding of age 24 and a filly...the only filly to survive. Her life would be filled with huge changes. Even if this is her first few years of life. In a month she would be a yearling.

The Trip:

Now since a owner was in placement. It was traveling time. A plane ride was to costly and a horse trailer....too long if a trip for the man to take. The man who bought the horses dealt with cattle. Ya know. The cattle who were raised to be slaughtered...in the past he was known for killing innocent animals. The question is...has he changed?

A catrle trucm drives up. Questions arise once again, "They go in there? Wheres the horse trailer?" No one answers, not even the truck driver. For what ever comes...this start of a new beginning just might seem like more of a nightmare for these 3 survivors.

Looks of anger and confusion appear in the villagers and horse people, some and actually many making threats saying "If you kill one od those horses. Ill sue you until you die!!" This nay have been strict but these people knew guys like this. It took lots of courage to trust enough to let him take the horses but desperate times comes to desperate choices.

The road was long and hard. Stuck in a baking trailer, 20 degrees hotter than outside. It rained on the way, not light rain. Im talking about hard rain. The wind was really strong too...the truck had trouble staying on the road, thats how bad it was.

A week later, the trailer pulled into a long driveway. Pastures filled with cattle, bound for slaughter, next to the driveway. A few moments later a pasture filled with 12 to maybe even 20 horses stand. This may not be a lucky day for these 3 survivors.

As minutes pass a huge log house appears. It was his, the new owners. It appeared to belong to a nice person, but you can't always judge a book by its cover. Its what lays on the inside, that matters.

The cattle truck filled with 3 horses halted before the house.

A man opened the door and stepped out. He looked all bad looking. Torn jeans. A shirt that was torn as well. Boots that were of no such new color. A hat thst looked to bnowe 100 years old. What...had this guy been doing.

No one can be for sure, but for the fate of these horses, it becomes more clear as day seperates into night.

Time to talk. Yay. You may have noticed that I have changed to book cover. This one has the title yay! Anyways. Feel free to vote comment and add me. Have a blessed day everyone!! Bye for now!