Chapter 3

Y/N'S POV

  After dodging another one of Batman's punches, I grew bored and looked around the Batcave as I "fought" Batman. Why I haven't gotten punched yet, let's just say I knew that Batman was going easy on me for my very first time actually being trained by him.
  Everything that I knew was self-taught. That's right. No one had ever attempted to do something like this for me. Batman was the first, so I better not make him upset. He could have Gordon thrown me back into the GCPD.

  God knows how long they'd keep me in there... this time.

  Something collided with my nose momentarily, but it definitely wasn't enjoyable. If you thought so, you definitely had the wrong idea.

  I groaned in pain, while Batman chuckled softly saying,"This is why you can't drop your guard, Y/N. You gave me an opening, and I took advantage of it. Understand?"

  I nodded and sighed saying,"Yes, Batman, I understand. Oo, what's that? It's shiny."

  I went to touch whatever it was, but Batman pulled my hand back saying,"Don't touch that. It's important to me, and I can't risk it being damaged or misplaced."

  Immediately, I moved my hand and thought,"Well then."

  I looked up and noticed Batman smiling at me. It was a little weird, because the smiling wasn't something that he did all the time.
  Maybe he was mocking me silently or something. I don't know. Anyway, I shook my head and smiled back at him.

  Then, he headed over to the Batmobile. I followed him.

  He turned in my direction and said to me,"Get in. There's somewhere that I need to take you, before we do anything else."

  I nodded and climbed into the passenger seat before Batman drove off. Just like that, we were headed down the long streets of Gotham. It always made me feel so guilty on the inside, though.
  When I stole something from somebody, the very next day I would see them eating out of the garbage or sitting on the side of the road. For some problematic reason, it was never enough to make me stop all together, though.

  Batman broke the silence by saying to me,"When I first started doing this, there was a part of me that didn't think that I would make a difference. The other part of me just believed that I would make a difference one day, but... Gotham deserves more. She's lost so much, but it's time that I started trying to get back everything that she lost. That's why you're going to help me, Y/N."

  I smiled at him, then I said to him,"You-You want to work with me? I...I don't know what to say. I mean, I figured that you would just call Gordon and tell him that you changed your mind about me. Batman, maybe they're right about me, though. What if I just like to get away with things? What if I lose myself trying to become a hero?"

  Batman placed a kiss on my forehead and said, almost as if he was making a promise to me,"I won't let that happen to you, Y/N. I've seen the good in you, and I know there's a hero in there somewhere. It just takes time and some training, which I can give you. We're here."

  Batman helped me out of the Batmobile, which made me blush.

  Shhh, don't tell him.

  Batman chuckled and said,"Who are you talking to?"

  I blushed even harder, before I cleared my throat. Batman, then, led me towards an area that felt very familiar to me. Once I took a good look around, I immediately realized why this area felt so familiar to me. This was where I- This used to be my-
  Batman squeezed my hand and made sure that I stepped over every single piece of broken glass on the floor. Then, he made me duck whenever we approached any caved-in ceilings.

  Once we stopped walking, Batman said to me,"I would never hurt you, Y/N, but I need help understanding what happened here. That way, I can learn more about your past and possibly help you."

  I crouched down and looked to my right saying,"When I was younger, my mother gave me away. I always asked Mrs. Right, my adoptive mother, what happened, but she just said that my mother couldn't keep up with everything that it took to take care of me. For years, I spent most of my time trying to find my mother or even my father, but I never got any leads."

  I looked down at the glass, and tears formed in my eyes as I then said,"One day, I noticed some new kids in our house and asked her who they were. Mrs. Right was the only Mom I knew, so I eventually began to call her that. Anyway, I asked her who they were, and she told me that they were my new brothers and sisters. I was surprised, but I believed that it wouldn't be so bad having some company. I was wrong, Batman."

  I stopped for a second and let my tears fall. Batman rested his hand on my shoulder.

  I said,"Mrs. R- Mom didn't like the idea of sending us off to school, so she taught us from home. When she was gone, my so-called sibling physically abused me and always made sure to tell me about how they were going to get rid of me one day. I would lock myself in my room and sit alone for hours before she would come into my room and ask me what's wrong. I never said anything to her, but maybe I should have."

  Batman squeezed my shoulder, before I said to him,"One day, though, I noticed a certain smell. After I realized what the smell was, I tried to get everyone out of the house. I got a few of them out, but not all of them. Batman, she was still in there."

  I tried to stop the tears and sniffed saying,"The police came and searched around for what could've caused the fire, but you know who it all came back to? It came back to me. They had framed me, Batman. I wasn't surprised, but it hurt more than anything."

  I stopped talking for a few moments, then I told Batman,"The officers took me away and threw me into the GCPD, where I spent most of my teenage years. I did some pretty bad things during that time, but I was just so angry. The fact that you're willing to do this, though, Batman, it'll get you nowhere. I promise you."

  Batman pulled me up and in for a very short hug, which I gladly accepted.

  He softly said,"It doesn't matter what you've done, Y/N. This will work out, and I know that you're innocent. Let me take you home. It's late."

  I smiled weakly at Batman and kissed his cheek in thank you before I got back into the Batmobile. Once we made it to my house, I noticed Batman looking around and I couldn't help but smile, letting him continue to do what he was doing.

  I walked to my bedroom upstairs and climbed into my bed, before I turned around and jumped at seeing Batman just standing there.

  He laughed and rested his hand on my cheek saying,"Sweet dreams, Y/N. Don't worry, we'll figure this out together... as a team."

  Batman headed towards my window, before I made him stop by saying,"Team?"

  Batman nodded and sent me a genuine smile.

  He said,"As a team. I told you that I'd help you but look out for you, too, which is what I'm doing. You'll never be alone, as long as I'm here. Good night, Y/N."

  As I watched Batman leave, I lied back on my pillow and blushed yet another time today. I groaned and placed my pillow over my face before I realized that I totally liked Batman. There was no doubt about it.